Power steering ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power steering......power steering

what is that.....no really is it blinker fluid?...........no really in a small car like this it really isn't needed. it is needed more if you have a bigger car needs help turning. so really i think if someone on this forum put the honda 4 wheel steer on a festiva that is true turning ability. but ya power steering in a car like this is kinda not a must. only if you want it.

Comment

yeah I know that the festiva doesn't need power steering( none of my other Festivas have it) but the car has it so why not use it and I have driven this car with out power steering because it had a leak and when I got it and it had no power steering fluid and was a heck of alot harder to steer than my other cars without power steering and besides on cars that didn't have that many options when you have one that has an option that isn't common it is worth keeping
      Last edited by muddevil01; 10-05-2010, 10:31 PM.
      Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

I choose performance over luxury. Once I swap my B8 in, my whole A/C unit will be for sale.
        89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
        My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

I can understand that but this car is gonna be my daily driver and it is so much nicer to have creature comforts I have a couple of other Festys I have a 91L without any creature comforts that is gonna be my horse power car
          Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

mine will not have the carpet. back seat will be ther for the kids. a/c is taken off. if power steering i am taking that off. the engine, trans, and ecu are going to be up here for sale soon once i get my car tot he house. i will let everyone know. also to let you know power steering isn't as good as muscle steering.

Comment

if your car has a 5 speed let me know I'll buy it

Comment

If your refering to me bro, Im swapping in a 5 speed and getting rid of a 4 speed.
                89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

nope I was talking to Festiva zoomzoom

Comment

i think it might be.....i looked at my car today needs alot of exterior work but not too much. but other than that. if you need the trany from mine you can have it i am going to look at putting the trany in from the B3 if it is a 5 speed your welcome to it.

Comment

That would be awesome as the one in my 93 keeps getting worse but it is still hanging in there

Comment

I didn't even realize they had powersteering available for a Festiva...
                        Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                        89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                        Projects in the works:
                        84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Originally posted by DrMaxwellEdison View Post
                          I didn't even realize they had powersteering available for a Festiva...
                          I can only imagine 145's with power steering lol. With my inflated 185s, it's no work at all getting the wheel turned without PS.
                          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

yes but your car doesn't have power steering from the factory I'm not saying that it is hard to drive but my 93 without power steering and 175-70-13s drives way easier than this car with 155-80-12s when the power steering isn't working

Comment

my car has 155r12 75's on it i love it but they are all dry rotted i love it so much.....i cant wait to see if the 4wd set up can work under the festiva. i hope it can but also you don't need power steering.... unless you want it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by muddevil01 View Post
                                yes but your car doesn't have power steering from the factory I'm not saying that it is hard to drive but my 93 without power steering and 175-70-13s drives way easier than this car with 155-80-12s when the power steering isn't working
                                Yep, its a pain driving something with a power rack and the power steering not working. Worked on two identical Nissan trucks once but one didnt' have PS. Way easier to drive than the PS one without the PS belt on. If its got a PS rack, it needs a PS pump
                                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                                X