Power steering ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power steering ?

Ok sometime in the near future I am going to swap the B6 out of my 88 323 into my 91 Festiva GL my Festiva has power steering and the 323 doesn't. Can I use the power steering pump and brackets from the Festiva or do I need to find the power steering stuff from a 323 also both cars have a/c which a/c setup should I use I guess I should state that the Festiva has factory installed air I am trying to track down any random things I might need I also know that I have to use the Festiva crank pulley will the '91 pulley work or do I need one out of a '93
    Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

eye out

Please keep an eye out for me at any local junk yards in your area.
    I need the A/C lines from a Festiva with power steering.
    They go all the way around the battery because of clearance issues.
    You know what to look for.
    In the mean time, I will continue searching.
    Thank-you.

Comment

so no one knows the answer?
      Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

Originally posted by muddevil01 View Post
        so no one knows the answer?
        Not many were blessed with the luxury of power steering. lol
        -Donny
        -1992 Festiva GL
        B6D/E-series.
        -1991 GL
        BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

The pump and bracket should bolt up to the B6 block, just might need to run down the bolt holes with a tap first to clean out the dirt/rust that might be lurking in there. As for the pulleys and such it all comes down to are the AC/PS pulleys ribbed or single groove?
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I know but I would think that at least one person on here has a b6 festy with power steering I would think that since most other parts off of the b3 will bolt on to the b6 that the power steering would too but I am unsure and I just want to have all parts needed before I start the awap

Comment

Can you post a picture of the B6 crank pulley thats on it now? Both of how it bolts on and a side view? That should help a lot on determining what you will need.
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                The pump and bracket should bolt up to the B6 block, just might need to run down the bolt holes with a tap first to clean out the dirt/rust that might be lurking in there. As for the pulleys and such it all comes down to are the AC/PS pulleys ribbed or single groove?
                O.K> that helps so that I don't have to track down a 323 power steering setup( although more common on the 323 than the Festy)the a/c pulley on the 323 is a groove belt and the Festy is v belt so I need to swap the crank pulley? Also the 323 doesn't have an extra groove for the power steering

Comment

I had a festiva with power steering. It had a serpentine pulley for the a/c and p/s. It also had a b6 installed.

I'll be glad to answer any ?s I can
                  -Greg
                  Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                  BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                  Redneck Engineer
                  FOTY - '09
                  5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Depends on the crank of the 323. If its the "small nose" as us Miata owners "loving" refer to the '90-'91 Miata cranks, then your '91 pulley should bolt right up to the 323 crank, then use your Festiva A/C and P/S and your good to go. If its a "big nose" crank on the 323 then I'm not too sure what pulley you would/could use to have a single v for the AC/PS since most big nose I've seen use the 4 rib belt for AC/PS.

Found this pic on ClubProtege.com, small nose is on the left, big nose is on the right:

As far as I know, Festiva's used the small nose up through '92, '93 and up were big nose. Miata's went to big nose after '91, and I believe the BPs in the Proteges/EGTs did the same. B6s though I'm not too clear on. If your 323 has the small nose crank and the ribbed belt for the AC then please PM me, I'd love to buy it from you!
                    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

O.K. thanks for the info I will look tomorrow and see if it is a small nose crank hopefully it will be an easy swap and the one out of the festy will work

Comment

I ran into a pulley issue when putting a '93 engine in a '91, had to ditch the A/C from the '91 (the '93 didn't have A/C) because I couldn't find a big nose crank pulley with a single v belt to fit the '93 engine. Hopefully yours will turn out better though
                        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

B6

I have a B6 with power steering.
                          The power steering is a direct bolt on. It's the clearance with the power steering bracket and the A/C hoses that is a problem.
                          Do a search for "power steering".

Comment

If he's already got the A/C and P/S on his B3 then it should be a snap to throw it all on the B6 as long as be can get a pulley that will work (hopefully the one he has on the Festy now)
                            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I went and looked at my Festiva and I was wrong it has a groove belt for the power steering and for the a/c so either pulley should work because the 323 is the same it just doesn't have power steering so I should be good and if the power steering and brackets will bolt right on then I'm good to go and bravekozak when I was at the j/y the other day I thought I saw a festy with a/c and power steering when I go back I will grab the hoses

Comment

Working...
                              X