old radiator out new radiator in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
    The Aspire swaybar is actually no problem for the lower radiator hose. Just drain the rad, then cut the lower rad hose a little at a time, on the end that fits onto the radiator, until it no longer contacts the sway bar.

When you put the coolant back in, remember to park the car on an incline so that the rad cap hole is uphill, so that (with the rad cap off) bubbles will work their way out of the system.
    I'm considering this as an upgrade from stock. I'm thinking of upgrading the engine to SOMETHING else - Basically whatever I can find - and I'd like to use the Acura radiator if it cools more efficiently. Not trying to hack the thread.

EDIT - It's been mentioned that it DOES cool more efficiently, but I wonder if it would cool efficiently enough to cool, say, a BP?
    Last edited by DriverOne; 10-28-2010, 11:31 PM.
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
      I'm considering this as an upgrade from stock. I'm thinking of upgrading the engine to SOMETHING else - Basically whatever I can find - and I'd like to use the Acura radiator if it cools more efficiently. Not trying to hack the thread.

EDIT - It's been mentioned that it DOES cool more efficiently, but I wonder if it would cool efficiently enough to cool, say, a BP?
      I am sure that it will handle a bp, its a bpt that I am curious about. Either way, is it a dual core, or can it cool better than the festiva auto dual core?

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
      -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

Working...
      X