Anyone in WA selling a engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in WA selling a engine?

Sorry ahead of time if i posted this in the wrong area!

My 88 Festy is starting to die down a little, the rings are gone and it feels like i am spending more in oil than i am in fuel lol. I want to do a B8 or B6 swap in my car, but i cant find any donors on craigslist or at any local JY's... Any help would be great guys. Price is a huge factor, as I am only 18 working part time. Love this car! Have a dodge ram but i never drive it cuz i love this car so much! I figure instead of wasting the money to rebuild this motor, that i should just throw in a motor with some real power
    Last edited by devon527; 12-26-2010, 03:52 PM.

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
    91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

...if i could edit it for you i would..... and move it to the for sale want to buy section [WTB] should be in your title
    91L 5 sp, 175k,a/c ,KYB gr2,Fms Lowering springs ,13" konig's ,09 tiburon seats, 7" Pyle in.dash,kicker ds400 all around,Kicker 400.2 powering 2 Kicker cvr 10", 30k hid's, hopeful to find a xr2 to swap b6t from....

2010 mazdaspeed3 stock... for now

Comment

Thanks for the info, still learning what is okay on this site. I dont know how to move it to the WTB section though

Comment

drive up to victoria bc canada and i will give you a FREE running B3
        engine from a 90 festiva.
        1992 black GL
        1991 white GL
        1991 blue L parts car
        1992 blue L from Japan R.H.D.
        1948 ford conv. hot rod

Comment

You sure it's rings?

Every one that I have had that used oil was nothing more than valve guide seals that were bad.
          Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
          1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

Down here in salem there are tons of 323's and festys in jy's! I got my b6-me for 300$ and only had 70k on it check lkq auto wreckers and pick a parts websites they have good databases and will search all of the junk yrads in your area.

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
            1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
            R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
            00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
            03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
            pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
            Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
            Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

Hodrodin4me: I might take you up on that, but I would REALLY like to throw in a b6 or b8

econoaddict: I am jsut suspecting it is rings, because it only happens when I get on the gas and when its cold warming up. If its cold and I leave it running on the choke, it literally seems like it has burnt over a quart of oil.

1988festivazoom: If i ever make it that way while I am racing my dirtbike, I will definitely go down and grab a B6, I'm set on that or a B8 so thanks for telling me that!

Comment

Originally posted by hotrodin4me View Post
                drive up to victoria bc canada and i will give you a FREE running B3
                engine from a 90 festiva.
                I'll take this off your hands. Will call you tomorrow for details.
                1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                  I'll take this off your hands. Will call you tomorrow for details.
                  Yeah go ahead, by the time i get the time to get up there, I could probly find a B6 somewhere. Hope it works out for you!

Comment

Originally posted by devon527 View Post
                    Yeah go ahead, by the time i get the time to get up there, I could probly find a B6 somewhere. Hope it works out for you!
                    Sorry to jump in on this one. In all honesty, find a rotted out or wrecked 323 that still runs. From it you can get everything you need:

Engine
                    Transmission
                    Clutch/Flywheel/Etc
                    Shifter Ends and Points
                    Seats potentially with some work
                    ECU
                    Wire Harness Specifics (not the whole thing is needed)
                    Axles
                    Front Suspension
                    Wheels and Tires (Potentially with a swap)

I guarantee you could get your money's worth from a sub-500 dollar 323 with a rear collision and have a completed swap with all the trim and fixings.
                    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                      Sorry to jump in on this one. In all honesty, find a rotted out or wrecked 323 that still runs. From it you can get everything you need:

Engine
                      Transmission
                      Clutch/Flywheel/Etc
                      Shifter Ends and Points
                      Seats potentially with some work
                      ECU
                      Wire Harness Specifics (not the whole thing is needed)
                      Axles
                      Front Suspension
                      Wheels and Tires (Potentially with a swap)

I guarantee you could get your money's worth from a sub-500 dollar 323 with a rear collision and have a completed swap with all the trim and fixings.
                      Oh no worries man, you live in Canada, take him up on that if he lets you. Im gonna do what i can to find a 323, cant find ANY in WA though, bummer. I've got big plans for my festy aka White Thunder. lol

Comment

How about this one guys?? Really cheap and doesnt seem like that bad of a car. How hard will it be to swap this into my 88 Festiva??

Comment

are you the one that came up to bremerton for the 8 tires? theres a yard up here that has a b8 in it.

Comment

Originally posted by b1gballin View Post
                            are you the one that came up to bremerton for the 8 tires? theres a yard up here that has a b8 in it.
                            Yes sir that was me. haha I got shafted on those tires on the way back home, I didnt read the signs for the tacoma-narrows bridge and got a ticket in the mail for $52 lol. Is it a pretty nice b8 there?

Comment

i just looked on car-part.com, i can go check it out for you tomorrow though. ive gotten stuff from that place before with no issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X