No announcement yet.

Anyone in WA selling a engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only problem is that my car is carbed so I dont know if a BP will work in my car?

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
    91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

Anyone else have any input on that Craigslist post up there? ^^^

Comment

.... With your POST you have me thinking. My 88 LX is puffing out blue-gray smoke from the breather port on the valve cover. Mine has a lot of miles, 480k but runs very good has a slight loss of power since it was new. I am wondering now if it is valve guide seals. I just assumed, with all the miles, it was BLOW-by? How difficult on Festie would it be to replace those SEALS??? :?:

Thanks

Originally posted by econoaddict View Post
        You sure it's rings?

Every one that I have had that used oil was nothing more than valve guide seals that were bad.
        A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

Originally posted by boydg1 View Post
          .... With your POST you have me thinking. My 88 LX is puffing out blue-gray smoke from the breather port on the valve cover. Mine has a lot of miles, 480k but runs very good has a slight loss of power since it was new. I am wondering now if it is valve guide seals. I just assumed, with all the miles, it was BLOW-by? How difficult on Festie would it be to replace those SEALS??? :?:

Thanks
          pull the head, rockers, and valves, replace valve seals

Comment

.... That's what I really didn't want to do. But, if I go that far, I might as well go ahead and replace the rings, pistons, rods maybe and bearings as well.

Thanks
            ...:icon_smile:...

Originally posted by villageidiot View Post
            pull the head, rockers, and valves, replace valve seals
            Last edited by boydg1; 03-23-2011, 10:20 PM.

Comment

the name is casey i have darrens old turbo festiva but ya i have a stock festiva motor with tranny and we could meet up i live in yakima i can get you a bp motor but ya here is my number 509-945-2540

Comment

I get all my motors from the pick-n-pull in arlington. $150 for the long block, but you have to pull it.
                OX SMASH!!

Comment

Originally posted by broadie19 View Post
                  the name is casey i have darrens old turbo festiva but ya i have a stock festiva motor with tranny and we could meet up i live in yakima i can get you a bp motor but ya here is my number 509-945-2540
                  I might give you a call tomorrow, I might be going over to richland for a dirtbike race of mine and might be able to swing by after I'm done. I'll let you know

Comment

Okay I went to the junkyard yesterday to scope out some engines, I found a couple mazda 323's. One was a 91 with 214,XXX miles but looked cleaner than the other with 145,XXX miles.

Here's the 91 323

And here's the other 323 motor, I cant remember the year of it... jsut the miles.

What do you guys think? Yay or nay on one or both?

Comment

Originally posted by devon527 View Post
                      One was a 91 with 214,XXX miles but looked cleaner than the other with 145,XXX miles.
                      That is some serious mileage on the first one. Are you sure these engines are going to not have the same issues that you are having now?

Comment

Originally posted by devon527 View Post
                        I didnt read the signs for the tacoma-narrows bridge and got a ticket in the mail for $52 lol.
                        In FL, the courts decided last year that traffic cams are "invalid". It's based off the fact that our Attorney General called BS that tickets were being issued when noone was there to actually observe any wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Aspire View Post
                          That is some serious mileage on the first one. Are you sure these engines are going to not have the same issues that you are having now?
                          That's why I was asking, not gonna go through with it without everyone's approval on here. Lol

Comment

Well, looks like I'm buying Broadie19's motor and tranny from him. Driving out there tomorrow or Sunday. So stoked!

Comment

Originally posted by econoaddict View Post
                              You sure it's rings?

Every one that I have had that used oil was nothing more than valve guide seals that were bad.
                              That is the 2nd time I heard that in 2 days. Mine is doing the same thing. 1/2 qt of oil per tank of fuel. Horrible.

The other guy (my brother-in-law) told me you can rent the tool to do it at Autozone without taking the head off. Sounds like a PITA to me though. Think ima jus gonna take the head off on this one.
                              -Bryant

Comment

.... If your burning that much oil it may be more then valve guide seals!! What is the mileage on this engine? And, it's possible you may have a cracked or broken ring!!

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by econoaddict
                                You sure it's rings?

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
                                That is the 2nd time I heard that in 2 days. Mine is doing the same thing. 1/2 qt of oil per tank of fuel. Horrible.

The other guy (my brother-in-law) told me you can rent the tool to do it at Autozone without taking the head off. Sounds like a PITA to me though. Think ima jus gonna take the head off on this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X