No announcement yet.

gixxstiva, festbusa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lmao It's a shame I wasn't around for the "debut"!

Perhaps the best swap to recommend is the B3, it's a great little engine ya know!

Comment

Originally posted by thered56 View Post
      lmao It's a shame I wasn't around for the "debut"!

Perhaps the best swap to recommend is the B3, it's a great little engine ya know!
      i agree, the b3 is the best swap choice for you, it's direct swap in for the stock engine, can use the stock transmission, and no need to update any of the wiring!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

same guys that built my festiva are building this now

saturday i got to tune something really interesting, a MR2 with a hayabusa engine and a turbo kit fitted... it has both transmissions also, and an electroni...

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
          same guys that built my festiva are building this now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIUgp5-t7ko
          now i like that
          Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Take a (possibly) 2.0L turbo motor (could of been 2.2 NA but still) with a lot more torque and can make more HP than the Busa motor out of an MR2 and put a torqueless bike motor in sounds like a top idea.
            Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
            1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
            2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
            2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

that mr2 is fail!! i can see it in a festiva because of the power to weight ratio, but sticking that small motor in a mr2 which can make 400hp with stock short block, they just took a step back! looks like a clean swap but such a waste

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Busey View Post
                Well, my grandpa passed and left us his festiva basically. I have no experience with them really. Ideally we'd like to make a 12-13 second car out of it, maybe some better handling, etc. Maybe faster? Who knows, I'm not really sure what drops into these motorwise.
                I would preserve the festy for what it is, esp if it your grandpas. It was a great car stock. Grandpa aint no dummy.
                Last edited by freshtiva; 03-02-2011, 07:48 PM.
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Well ill try to give a straight answer from what I know... As far as I have seen it has been done once with a harley engine but it was fwd. Honestly it would be cool to do but I dont think the cost to performance would be worth ir... But if ur set on it I would look into the companoes that do mini bike swaps

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
                    Take a (possibly) 2.0L turbo motor (could of been 2.2 NA but still) with a lot more torque and can make more HP than the Busa motor out of an MR2 and put a torqueless bike motor in sounds like a top idea.
                    remember that your also saving weight as well and that 'Bussa engine can make over 300LbFt at the power levels touted. so you're GAINING power, GAINING rpm range, and loosing weight where it isn't needed.... sounds like a good idea to me.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I second that. Oh well, they're doing it to Toyotas! haha

Comment

Lol, I use to own a first generation MR2. I love Toyotas.
                        Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"

Comment

Lol, I use to own a first generation MR2. I love Toyotas.
                          But we both love Festivas, and thus all is well! :p hahaha

Comment

it made 142whp and about the same torque at 4psi before it ran out of fuel. retuned with a walboro at 10psi they are expecting 200whp. that isnt bad in a 2400lb car.

the 1300cc gsxr motor weighs 175lbs, the 3sgte weighs 350.

and it uses both transmissions... giving it a possible 30 different gear combos! lol
                            Last edited by Ghost; 03-03-2011, 08:41 AM.

Comment

200whp. that isnt bad in a 2400lb car.
                              It isn't great either, considering the simplicity(in comparison to the swap) of just turboing the stock motor is it? Seems like an interesting exercise of their skill, though.
                              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

200whp. that isnt bad in a 2400lb car.
                                It is when a stock turbo 3SGTE makes 230 with near matching torque.
                                Current cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X