G5MR XR2 transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G5MR XR2 transmission

I would like to know if anybody has tried to put a G5MR XR2 transmission in a B3 1991 ford festiva?I know you will probably have to use the axles of the XR2.

May I ask why? I don't believe anyone has tried this as I'm not sure many see a reason to. You are wanting to mate the G5M-R to the B3, correct?

Comment

Isn't the G25/G5 a shorter final drive? Less mpgs on a B3?
      -Donny
      -1992 Festiva GL
      B6D/E-series.
      -1991 GL
      BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

G5M-R transmission

Yes for better gas mileage.Not really though.I need a 5 speed I put a 4 speed in because
        my 5 speed is leaking fluid and I have all the parts for the G5M-R transmission.Thanks

Comment

im sure the G5M-R will be worse on gas then the festiva 5 speed or 4 speed.
          even though the RPMS might be better, the festiva engine is going to have to work alot more to turn a G5M-R than a festiva trans

correct me if im wrong.

Comment

I wonder what kind of clutch combo you'd have to use? Probably the whole XR2 clutch/flywheel. gtype/ftype have different input shafts
            1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
            High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
            Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

G5M-R transmission

I have the clutch, flywheel, presure plate, and all the axles from the XR2. I was going to put them in my other 1991 ford festiva B6T that has the stock 5 speed.Its just I can not put both cars in my garage at the same time.Thanks for all your input.
              Last edited by MTBOX; 03-15-2011, 06:35 PM.

Comment

It will work. Just use the matching flywheel/clutch/trans. You will have to make mounts though.

I've thought about this same mod, so that you could absolutely thrash on the b3 with little to no chance of breaking anything but the motor.
                -Greg
                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09
                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

G5M-R transmission

I might try this.I never thought about what festyfreak39 said about the B-3 motor might not have enough power to turn the G5M-R transmission enough to get better mpg.Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X