B6T swap gone bad!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6T swap gone bad!!

What the hell did I miss....I get the engines out finally and go to hook the tranny up. I am using an auto Festy tranny on a B6T. I have read about stiff but do not recall ever seeing that I would need a different or modified oil pan. With what I got there is no way the passenger side axle is going in here....

So much for even thinking this thing will be done any time soon.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

does the rest line up? just cut off whats in the way

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
      does the rest line up? just cut off whats in the way
      when you going to get here to do it?
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

If I remember correclty one of the guides says something about grinding away part of the pan area to clear the axle.
        Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
        1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by econoaddict View Post
          If I remember correclty one of the guides says something about grinding away part of the pan area to clear the axle.
          I must have missed that......but it is not a major setback, car would not be running to soon anyway. There is a lot more I need to do to it then I thought I would have too.

I will get it done though
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Looks a little dirty Willie spray it with some cleaner will ya!

B6T with an Auto sounds fun!!
            -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
              Looks a little dirty Willie spray it with some cleaner will ya!

B6T with an Auto sounds fun!!
              I think it will be loads of FUN.
              Don't worry....I left it that way because I knew it was coming back out of the car, SOON. I set the engine in there just to see it in. Also I got the car off the jack stands and moved it around in the parking spot. Wanted to make it feel better that it has finally moved after a long shut down. I will get back to work on it after Madness.
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              I will sleep when I die!

Comment

X2 on grinning the oil pan SKIMSUCKA had to grind it off his b6t car
                -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Similar deal on a BP swap using stock trans... whip out the grinder and a nice cutoff disk or two
                  No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                    Similar deal on a BP swap using stock trans... whip out the grinder and a nice cutoff disk or two
                    check matt's write up on the BP with festy trans. I think that blue car is a m/t isn't it? but he had a major clearance issue with that. worth looking to see if you're on the right track.
                    Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Yep, I remember seeing something within the past few days about someone cutting or grinding some metal off an engine block corner flange to fit a transaxle and clear halfshafts, etc.

I know I'm a huge help here rephrasing what was said above.

But anyway, you're welcome!

Lemme know if you need more explication. I got words, I do! And I spend 'em freely for everyone's benefit and amusement.

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

^ mostly amusement LOL :p
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Could you use the stamped steel B6 oil pan? It came on the N/A capri, it's not tapped for the turbo, but it doesn't protrude in the back like that
                          1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                          High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                          Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

What on earth possessed you to want to bolt a B6T to an auto? My auto Festy is a slug compared to the 5 speeds.
                            There are umpteen posts on this site and elsewhere about grinding off the transmission corners. Sawzall seems to be the preferred surgery tool.
                            However, thank you for posting graphic pictures of why this has to be done.

Comment

Maybe because turbos love automatics and the stock 5 speed is a twig compared to the auto?
                              91GL BP/F3A with boost
                              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
                              X