• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sort of want an auto tranny now.
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

This will be my next turbo build ,turbo with auto trans .
      New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
        Maybe because turbos love automatics and the stock 5 speed is a twig compared to the auto?
        Ding! Ding Ding!!!!
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

The mere sohc b6 w/auto keeps up with a lot of much newer cars. For a commuter i shy from the auto's but if a car fell in my lap it would get the turbo swap for sure, and ran as-is, see how far it can be taken with spirited jaunts, no abuse.

If you cant locate a sawsall you can go thru 1-2 orbital grinding stones, you should use those after anyway so you dont slice yourself up lining up the powertrain into the engine bay.
          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Walth, I about fell out of my chair laughing when I saw your sig!
            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
              What on earth possessed you to want to bolt a B6T to an auto? My auto Festy is a slug compared to the 5 speeds.
              There are umpteen posts on this site and elsewhere about grinding off the transmission corners. Sawzall seems to be the preferred surgery tool.
              However, thank you for posting graphic pictures of why this has to be done.
              maybe you have or have seen a slow auto....but the one I bought from Michael is far from a slug , other then a hill. At times I can fell it is just short of chirping the tires and it has awesome pu IMO.
              Don't know where the umpteen posts are about the pan being modified are...I see no links you found either.
              Once it is done bring your B6T 5 speed and we can see who out runs who and has more fun doing it.

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
              The mere sohc b6 w/auto keeps up with a lot of much newer cars. For a commuter i shy from the auto's but if a car fell in my lap it would get the turbo swap for sure, and ran as-is, see how far it can be taken with spirited jaunts, no abuse.

If you cant locate a sawsall you can go thru 1-2 orbital grinding stones, you should use those after anyway so you dont slice yourself up lining up the powertrain into the engine bay.
              I have a sawzall and grinder....no issues with cutting it....just didn't do it the other day and I am no longer rushing to try and have it done for Madness...when I get back....it will be go time.
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Oh come on willie, hurry up and get that B6T ready for madness so we can race :evil4::evil4:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                  Oh come on willie, hurry up and get that B6T ready for madness so we can race :evil4::evil4:
                  would love too but there is no time with my work schedule and I still need a few parts to complete it and make it run right....so we will have to take a rain check on that race
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  I will sleep when I die!
                  I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Oh i know Willie, i just had to "raz" you a bit there lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

There is a vintage car magazine article circulating on the web about bolting a B6T into a Festy and that crew messes with cutting off Festy transmission corners too. I cannot recall the other places where I've come across that advice but it is a common thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                        There is a vintage car magazine article circulating on the web about bolting a B6T into a Festy and that crew messes with cutting off Festy transmission corners too. I cannot recall the other places where I've come across that advice but it is a common thread.
                        you do not need to cut the tranny...the oil pan of the B6T needs to be modified.

I have no magazines to look at and the other places are still not linked...
                        89L Silver EFI auto
                        91GL Green Auto DD
                        I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Sport Compact Car did a S***box Challenge several years ago, and they modified the stock Festy bellhousing and starter to accept a Swift GT clutch, as pioneered by CWS Tuning. That may be what everyone is remembering.

And, my 93 auto with a burnt exhaust valve was still reasonably quick, too!
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Festiva auto trans aren't bad at all. I remember when I first got the white car back in the day (my first auto festiva) and I loved it around town, just not on the highway... if it had a fourth gear it'd be even better. Two of ours are autos, and FWIW the carb/auto combo in Babystiva pulls harder than Chuck did when he was still auto. I think Baby will be getting an older B6/stock carb or a B8/festyfreak style carb sometime this winter, and then we'll see what she can do. Probably a BP for the green car.

Looking forward to more pics of your swap Willie! Did you ever track down the rest of those bits and pieces I was trying (unsuccessfully) to find for ya?
                            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Ok i misread this thread then. The attitude I got was he was giving up on automatic because pieces weren't lining up right. If its just stalling the project temporary forcing him to merely take a different festiva to a meet that's another thing. Make it work and enjoy back to back to back quarter miles in the near future.

I read that the autos had more timing advance so if there is no knock and your air fuel is dead on then it will have more oomph than a 5 speed smashing gas bogging in the wrong gear that is for sure. You still need TQ to have fun with an auto, that is why you need at least 1.6 liters
                              1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

My BP auto is not slow by far. I could only imagine how much faster the sticks are. If my Auto trans shifted harder it would help alot. I don't recall a shift kit for it.
                                91 Festiva, BP, auto
                                69 Mercury Cyclone CJ, 428 SCJ, 4 spd

Comment

Working...
                                X