f series clutch questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f series clutch questions

I'm looking to upgrade my f series clutch, but I have a 88 323 cable f trans. I'm having a hard time finding a decent clutch for less than $300 in a stage 3. Can anyone tell me the exact differences between the 88-89 and the 90-94 hydro f clutches. All the parts have different numbers. If I can use the entire assembly from the 90+ flywheel-release bearing that would make the search much easier. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
    93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
    91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
    93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
    15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
    88 Dakota tow pig

Bump

Dennis
    91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
    88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Look up KIA Rio 00 to 2002 its the same clutch . That's what I did . The Rio actually is a g series transmission with and f series clutch . I got mine from clutch masters for like 140.00 I think .
      New build on the way .

Comment

So the Rio used a 20 spline 190mm disk?

Dennis
        88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Any good sites for cheap stage 2 or 3?

Dennis
          88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

I never counted the splines but Im positive it fits because I removed it from a previous bp f series swap . Ill count the splines and get back to you if need be ..
            It's a clutch master stag two 140.00 . And holds everything I can through at it with a b6t on nine pnds . And previously held the bp just as well ..
            Last edited by shadetree; 11-16-2011, 07:58 PM.
            New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
              I never counted the splines but Im positive it fits because I removed it from a previous bp f series swap . Ill count the splines and get back to you if need be ..
              It's a clutch master stag two 140.00 . And holds everything I can through at it with a b6t on nine pnds . And previously held the bp just as well ..
              Now this here is news to me. It's not a cable transmission, is it?? That's shocking that there's a G-series transmission that takes an F-series clutch. The bell-housing has no issues bolting up to any sort of B-series motor either? Wow... very, very interesting. Got some part numbers or gear ratios off hand for this mysterious oddball? I'm curious to know what you think a stage three F-series clutch could handle in terms of power output from a B6T if the stars align on this.
              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Yes its a cable trans .
                No issue bolting up fits perfect .
                02 KIA Rio . Takes g series axles . Both are one piece .
                I guess I don't get the stars align comment ?
                New build on the way .

Comment

Have you seen these threads? Thanks to shadetree, we now have another trans option. Also a solution to the "can't find a 323gt/Capri XR2 mid shaft" dilemma.

Discuss making performance enhancements to the OEM-spec engine in your Festiva or Aspire.

Last edited by JPT; 11-16-2011, 09:16 PM.
                  Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                  '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                  '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Yeah, but what about the differences in the pressure plate sizes? You know, in relationship to those three alignment pins and the six pressure plate bolts?
                    Anyone got a measurement between two of the three alignment pins on both flywheels. The G flywheel and then the F flywheel.
                    97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
                    CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
                    Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Thank you JPT .
                      Measurements I can get them tomorrow . But this set up is in hulk now and working great .
                      It's an f series clutch and flywheel match set . OP was for an f series clutch 2 or 3 stag and this is a stag 2 for 140.00 .
                      Feel free to pm me for more info if needed .
                      New build on the way .

Comment

I've got an exedy (10040) that is 20 spline and 200mm
                        97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
                        CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
                        Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
                          Yes its a cable trans .
                          No issue bolting up fits perfect .
                          02 KIA Rio . Takes g series axles . Both are one piece .
                          I guess I don't get the stars align comment ?
                          Fantastic stuff, ST! Sorry I didn't see your original threads below... I was working 80hr weeks back when those were posted up.

Very intrigued by this short of the fact that I already scored myself an intermediate shaft from a Capri and set of discounted axles from Rock Auto. I don't have a transmission/clutch/flywheel as of yet. However, I'm continuing to do research on economical and reliable ways to bring the revs down more than a fifth gear swap can provide. Pretty tough/expensive venture to say the least...
                          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Working...
                          X