No announcement yet.

My B3-T setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Jackson to Houston's a pretty long drive....
    Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
    88? Parts car-sold
    91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
    86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
    1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

I'd like to see some numbers, like HP, TQ, 0-60, 0-100-0...
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
        I'd like to see some numbers, like HP, TQ, 0-60, 0-100-0...
        Im really curious of the potential numbers, i still have stock brakes so not sure that 0-100-0 will be impressive lol. Ive heard that the stock clutch starts to slip at 100whp, not sure how factual that is, but if so thats a great sign for me lol. My clutch slips like crazy.
        Last edited by BUSTIVA; 12-15-2011, 01:59 AM.
        '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

Stock clutch does slip at around 100 hp I did a b8 swap a couple months ago and it instantly started slipping. Mostly in 3rd. Nice work...now you can say you did it instead of I want to do it.
          Ford Fester

Comment

i have a swift clutch with my festiva trans, holds with 13x10 toyo ra1's on a b6T with 14 psi... havnt had a trans break yet either!

Your going to be hitting a sharp wall soon and its going to be the b3 fuel pump!

Comment

I ran a 15.82 @ 82 mph with my homemade b3t rear turbo too. I had a good clutch tho. and on 15's
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
                i have a swift clutch with my festiva trans, holds with 13x10 toyo ra1's on a b6T with 14 psi... havnt had a trans break yet either!

Your going to be hitting a sharp wall soon and its going to be the b3 fuel pump!
                I'll look into that setup, thanks. And yeah the fuel pump is coming out soon, I have a few stock civic pumps, and walbro 255 laying around so I should be good.

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                I ran a 15.82 @ 82 mph with my homemade b3t rear turbo too. I had a good clutch tho. and on 15's
                Nice to know! Have any specs on the turbo and boost level?

Comment

BUSTIVA, check out the Beetle Turbo S intercooler. It's a side mount. Not big, but it should both fit in there and both ports are on one side.
                  There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

im using the intercooler from a ford probe on my b3t and put a spec stage 2 clutch in

Comment

Originally posted by FastOrBust View Post
                      im using the intercooler from a ford probe on my b3t and put a spec stage 2 clutch in
                      How do you like the clutch? Is it strong enough?

Comment

As with any overworked engine I'm awaiting to see how long the motor lasts with that getup. But I got to hand it to you for ingenuity and improvisation.

Comment

yea its stong enough to handle the 8lbs im throwing at it
                          Last edited by FastOrBust; 12-16-2011, 07:43 PM.

Comment

8PSI? That's pretty conservative. I highly recommend port polishing your head. Your exhaust ports are 90 degrees like a picture frame! They'll do well to have the corners honed a little. You've inspired me to mount my IHI VJ-11 to a B3.

Comment

hmmm do you think that set up would hold up on a bp
                              -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                              -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post

i ment to quote this in the last post sorry
                                -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                                -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Working...
                                X