No announcement yet.

who here is using the hydro/cable adapter for the bp swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thought about it but maybe if I drilled the holes on the bracket out to make then bigger it will rleive some stress. hopefully this will not sacrifice structure and strength
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

That's what it was sounding like to me that when you tightened up the bolts it was causing the hinge to bind. If the bolt holes aren't perfect that could happen.
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Yes siting on the toilet its a great place to think up possible solutions to a problem
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

well i got it figured out tonight and half the problem was just plain stupidity i didnt hook the spring on the clutch pedal itself back up so it could help release the tension on the cable to the adapter. i still have the 1.0 version of the adapter hooked up and it is pretty tough just like chris said so i will drill the mounting holes out bigger and install it for the better feel.

chris: is the 2.0 bracket supposed to have a grease fitting like the 1.0? it seemsto have threads for one but no grease fitting.

it felt great finally driving it and tore up and down the street but didnt get too squirly because its too late and didnt want to piss off the neighbors again its quieter now that i have the exhaust welded up but its still just straight pipe with a resonator so its still pretty loud but i was breaking the tires loose alittle none the less thanks for all your help and suggestions everybody i think im ready to join the bp ranks now

...but my car is still being relentless. when i got back to the garage i wanted to pop the hood but its stuck down i was like are you kidding me... oh well re-freaking-lentless ha ha

Comment

The cable sheath is supposed to be stationary (secured under the dash and on the trans) and only the inner cable moves. My 'fork' moves about an inch via the cable. Physical length of the whole works is immaterial as long as the cable itself can move about an inch directly via the pedal. Swapped an entire 01 Rio setup into my Festy last fall even though it was longer overall. There should be a reference to "Rio clutch cable" on the search feature of this site.
            I'm sure you'll figure it out but truth be known it is cramped and awkward to fuss around under the dash.

Comment

Working...
            X