Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a 200+ HP motor Festiva?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a 200+ HP motor Festiva?

My tech is running numbers with my mods, has anyone achieved a 200+ HP Festiva? Im excited to unveil the Eye of Ra's new motor, anticipated power with the 12 point port/polish/turbo is outragous and so is horsepower. I think we may have soon the worlds fastest, I know remains to be seen, however once she is together I'm going to take the car to the FF.com moderators and let them behold the power the Eye of Ra will have. The secrets that are being unleashed on my motor are outragous!!!! Between Wayne J. of "808 Built" and a master tech named "Decasta" I will have a high power 1.3 that will blow your minds.
    I know its hard for folks to believe what will be unleashed when I reveal my new motor but seeing will be believing. To prove myself and what I have created I will take the car to Techno or another moderator who lives within range of NM state and they can behold her power with their own eyes. I believe she will be the fastest in the world, she will only have a 1.3, however mods will be done internally including a custom ground from scratch cam. My cooling system of my high HP motor will be visable but secrets internally won't all be disclosed entirely. I'm bound by my agreement and contract, I will try to hint how mods can be done, but certain secrets can't be revealed<-----they are trade secrets to "808 Built"

I will have the most outragous engine here, B6's and B3's are nice, but read up on things and discover what all can be done instead of a motor swap.
    Read up on the port and polish, and speak with master techs and engineers.
    Sounds like a crock hugh..... Well I guess we'll find out. Be looking for my post when she is unveiled. I plan to set some FF.com and Festiva world records that cant be touched. :twisted:

B6 and B3 owners can be upset at my post but instead of being upset try to figure out whats under my hood. She will be a blue printed and copyrighted 1.3

I'm excited, soon you will all freak and the numbers and power my Festy will have

I am glad for you and this project ,
    I hope it turns out to be everything you said ,and I and very much looking forward to seeing it soon. I do want to freak out over this motor
    How much longer ?
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

There are a few 200+ HP festivas. Mine is close (180+), Fred (B6T) is probably over 200, Turbostive claims 230HP, I'm sure Mextiva is way up there, 88festivagtr will be 210+, and I'm sure there are others.

When will it be done?

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
      BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
      BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
      New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

That's a tough number for a 1.3, I am not saying it can't be done just that it'll be tough. I wish you luck! If it pans out you might just start a whole new thing with fixing up the 1.3!
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

i think most you would be able to realistically get out of the B3 motor is 100 hp to the wheels. The one problem you would run into is the transmission. If you really want to get power it is easier to go to a: B6T, BP, or BPT. Fred and Mexitiva dyno'd there cars around 170 whp with intake, exhaust, and a Reich racing ecu running 14 psi (along with a couple other things). I should be dynoing my car in a week or two and i can tell you what I'm getting for horse power with my b6t :roll: .

I do not think its to far out of hand to get 200+ hp out of a B6 or BP motor with a nice turbo upgrade and a stand alone
          Ian Carr
          88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
          99' S70 T5M- faster DD
          86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

Wasn't it Smokey Yunick known for doing high hp small displacement motors?

We already have that Jeg's built B3 that was rated at 150 hp. I'm still not sure if it was N/A or not.

I could believe a specially built N/A B3 could to around 150 or so, but I would think it would be a finicky thoroughbred kind of engine.

A turbo B3? Maybe 170? Who knows?

Back in the seventies I think there were Vega engines being built to over 200 hp. Twin cam heads, I think.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Sound nuts but my tech is running the numbers and HP will be possibly upward of 200, has anyone one this board heard of "808 Built ?" They are a well known club/racing team notorious for high output port/polished motors. They are masters at the art of port/polish.
              Top end speed on a Corolla was 165 MPH which was non-NOS my mechanic built and raced in the state of Hawaii. Wayne J. of "808 Built" and a master engine builder last name I believe is Decasta are working on my 1.3.
              She will have a modified crankshaft to keep her cool, modified pistons, 12 point port and polish, custom ground cam, modified high output oil pump and reinforced frame to avoid twisting of the frame and loss of traction, modified motor mounts/supports to hold my front end together, might get new gears that wont tear up under torque and power and alot of other never attempted mods.
              Sea level HP will be out of this world, 0-60 will be quick.
              I think she will exeed 200 HP and with a 1.3, Im letting him take his time on this bugger. I think she will set some speed records here, records that cant be touched. They are giving me a date of around May 15th, I want her sooner but hey with the work thats being done I gotta be patient. She's gonna rock this site with some records.
              Inquire about "808 Built" of Hawaii and you'll find out what this car is all about.
              Hang in there she will be done soon.

Comment

The only thing I can find online about 808 built is something talking about trains, and this thread.

Is this going to be NA or FI? Are you going to be using a huge shot of NOS?

Ballpark figure, how much is this costing you?

I'm excited to see this, but understand I am skeptical. I hope it does produce the numbers you say. It will give me an idea of what I can expect from a less wildly tuned B6.
                OX SMASH!!

Comment

What transmission and clutch are you going to use? Also what boost are you going to run? What engine management are you going to be using? How are you going to retard the timing under boost? How are you going to add enough fuel? I'm not saying it's impossible but if you are using the Festiva tranny you are going to be shocked with the amount of times you are going to have to replace it... Also how is he "working" numbers? Does he have a dyno? If so, post the results! -Kyle
                  Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

The only thing 808 I find in Hawaii is the area code, nothing automotive except car rentals.
                    Brian
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                    :fish:

Comment

808 just finished a 900whp evoVIII right?
                      I think it was them. :scratch:

"Superduder may or may not be a racist ..." -Pu241

WoW it's just orwelltastic here isn't it?

Comment

We need some Hawaii racers here, "808 Built" is a racing team who are masters at the art of tuning motors. Do we have any folks on the board who have taken Toyota's, Ford, Nissans or any other street cars to the drags in the state of Hawaii. They are notorious for building quick cars, cars that do 1/4 mi in 10 secs.
                        Im paying a good amount for my engine, however he is a friend. He will only go the extra mile since I am a friend. His family are all techs and mechanics and specialize in drag racing performance motors.
                        My engine will be the only engine done like this.
                        Yes, to answer questions he does know the formula's to make this car perform, and has equipment to fine tune this engine and test it. There are maybe a few in the world that know how to build a motor like mine will be. It will be a blue printed and copyrighted engine.
                        My engine, tranny and other mods will be unique to the car. You folks will crap your pants when she's done, and eventually she may be upgraded to a twin turbo.
                        My motor has been worked on now for 2 months, I didnt vest time and money to disappoint anyone. The 12 point port polish isnt known by many. With these unique things being done she will be low RPM with high horsepower. Torque will be high and she will move out. I imagine we will have some traction problems on take off since she will be so powerfull but we will deal with one issue at a time. I will take this car to DJ, and I want him to see what we have created and sit in the Eye of Ra and feel her power, power from just a 1.3.
                        Master techs who are behind the plans of my 1.3 state that she can handle around 1400 psi before she will blow up, they have purposely destroyed engines to find out how far they can go under stress.
                        As well as this engine the Eye of Ra may also have another motor and tranny that will surpass this one. <------- Just for kicks
                        The reason is because my mechanic/tech/engineer wants to make this Festiva uncontendable. And he claims the 1.3 on this car is easy to work on.
                        My mechanic has about 150-170 blue printed motors, they each are unique and fast. The reason they are blue printed is so no one will contend with their racing motors or steal their secrets.
                        I cant wait to have her back, just hang in there guys. I think it will inspire a new route of tuning Mazda engines here at FF.com
                        10 second 4 cylinder motors are what we need here. If Eye of Ra can do a 10 or 11 sec 1/4 I will crap my pants, if she doesnt do it in that time it will be due to traction. With a possible 200+ HP to the wheels she may have some traction issues but we will deal with them and also tranny, we will create an indestructable tranny for her and use unique gears.
                        Guarantee she will be one of the quickest here. Im going to get the answers to all your questions, and like I said I will bring her to DJ and coordinate with him when we can, this way all will know of her power and none will say I make false claims.
                        She should be done soon, by mid May appears, this way he isn't rushed and all issues dealt with.
                        I encourage folks to investigate the port polish and all that can be done in intake.
                        Its not normal to have a high power 1.3 turbo everyday driver, but hell I dare anyone to roll up on her and think they can take this car out.
                        I will address questions by this weekend and will seek the answers to your questions the best I can. I imagine many think I'm full of it, thank you however for encouragement and feedback, all you guys here are great and you all do great things, just wait til you see what great things we have created in the Eye of Ra.

Comment

No 808 did not just build a 900awhp Evo... That would be AMS.. 903awhp.. And there would NEVER be a reason to do a twin turbo setup, that would be absolutely pointless on a 4 cyl car. Have you ever seen a high hp Supra that's twin turbo?? No. And I'm sorry there is no street engine in the world capable of handling 1400psi... Stock boost on TURBO cars from the factory run below 1 bar or ~15psi, a correctly "tuned" engine can (with race gas aka fuel you can't buy at the pump) around 30-40psi POSSIBLY... The guy you are talking to is talking out of his ass. And the meaning of blueprinting an engine is to make it more powerful by examining the compression ratios and cam degrees to figure out what will work best for the engine not to be different. They aren't doing it because they don't want people to steal the secrets. :wink: If these people are legit they would have some type of dyno to PROVE their results.. Not just show you an equation... Also, what suspension are you going to run at the track to put up these "outrageous" numbers?? Simon pointed out with his airbag setup that launching with air is NOT possible, which is why he went to Tein's... Just stiffening the structure of the car will not help you launch if you are still on airbags. And if you can't launch I don't care how much HP you have you won't break into the 12's... -Kyle
                          Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Forget the engine, since it's blueprinted and copyrighted and you won't talk about it. What are you doing for TUNING the engine? If your going to make big power, you have to control it right? So enlighten us to your engine management strategy. After all, a 5 million dollar engine won't work without somthing telling it what to do. And how about not saying 'it's secret' or ' They copyrighted it' They have to use the tuning aids the rest of us have, I was just curious as to how your going to make it work for you. You can show it to whoever you would like to when your done and they can say WOW that was FAST! But I live by Flowbench numbers, Wideband O2 readings and DYNO printouts. I hope your looking for these items from your engine builder and the tuner that will be dialing your combination in.
                            Fast, fun and good gas mileage. 91' Festiva(RIP) and 96' Aspire(RIP). The website is no more.

Comment

But if you're that fast no one will see the wicked paint job!!!!
                              www.dantheoilman.com
                              AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
                              Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
                              Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

Working...
                              X