Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a 200+ HP motor Festiva?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I've kind of avoided this thread because I've been waiting to see some numbers.. I am pretty skeptical, and when I first started to get into the engine/performance side of cars, the mechanics would tell me stuff that I later found out was them just screwing with me. While I believe that the B3 has an obtainable 150hp without spray, it's a hell of a thing to accomplish. 200hp?? Even seeing dyno sheets, I'd still have a hard time believing it..

Just to Joe's credit though guys.. we have never seen him post bs so if it is, it's because the mechanic it screwing with him because he doesn't know what they know... of for heaven's sake they actually believe that the turbo will push 1400 psi in which case.. I'm sorry. Can't wait to see it though.. you let me drive Ra and I'll let you drive Zippy..

Comment

Originally posted by Silv3rBull3t
      No 808 did not just build a 900awhp Evo... That would be AMS.. 903awhp.. And there would NEVER be a reason to do a twin turbo setup, that would be absolutely pointless on a 4 cyl car. Have you ever seen a high hp Supra that's twin turbo?? No. And I'm sorry there is no street engine in the world capable of handling 1400psi... Stock boost on TURBO cars from the factory run below 1 bar or ~15psi, a correctly "tuned" engine can (with race gas aka fuel you can't buy at the pump) around 30-40psi POSSIBLY... The guy you are talking to is talking out of his ass. And the meaning of blueprinting an engine is to make it more powerful by examining the compression ratios and cam degrees to figure out what will work best for the engine not to be different. They aren't doing it because they don't want people to steal the secrets. :wink: If these people are legit they would have some type of dyno to PROVE their results.. Not just show you an equation... -Kyle
      Thank you dude!
      I couldn't remember, But I have seen 808s name on a few pagesthough.
      Just can't remember where.
      J

"Superduder may or may not be a racist ..." -Pu241

WoW it's just orwelltastic here isn't it?

Comment

200hp? should do

hi guys. i believe 200hp is achievable. there are many fwd's here running big numbers. turbo choice, and tuning should see you get there. i look forward to seeing how it goes.
        my engine is 99%, and I'm looking for about 330hp fw. (1.6), but driveability is slightly down...

festymick

Comment

Re: 200hp? should do

What about engine durability? 200hp from a 1.3 SOHC if obtainable would be pretty damn expensive and I'm betting that it wouldn't last that long either.

Comment

that my thoughts also. the cost would be way up there. To make that power even turbo you would have to turn very unreal RPM's which maybe not a streetable powerband. I would also think the longevity would be to short for a street engine.

How much $ is this running anyhow for this 1.3?I am a fan of tring to build the stock engine. My family gave me alot of crap when I had a stock bottom-end in my 3600 pound 305 cu. in. MCSS running high 13's with bolt ons and cam on pepboy tires. All my friends said go 350 and my family wouldn't waste there time with anything less than 427. I hope it comes out the way you like but I would even step up to the B6T or BPT because I think your wanting a street killer.
            93 festiva
            the only car I have ever own with no mods.

Comment

Like everyone, I am skeptical as well but hey, Evo proves us that we can be wrong :wink: So I hope all Ra is saying is true but if not, I think he opened his mouth a little too much
              Is that a Festiva that just passed me?!?!?!

Comment

Silv3rbullet when shes together I plan to seek you out and let you go up against the Eye of Ra in a race.

Comment

Ofcourse they have a Dyno, the mods being done on my engine are similiar to those done on drag engines, no I wont be running at 1400 psi. However techs that are building my engine are well aware of this motors destruction points. I will have a high torque motor that will be fast and well cooled, the cooling system hasnt been done on a 1.3 before, and yes eventually she will maybe be a twin turbo. Have you ever heard of a Regular Apirated Corolla doing a 1/4 mi in 10.7 secs? Non-Nos ?
                  I will take the car to a few of you in time, but most importantly to Techno, my tech mechanic is family to the owners of HKS.
                  I don't BS here, Eye of Ra will be uncontendable, when she's together I challenge folks to race once she's done and will drive to come see you.
                  None of you have a clue whats being done internally to ensure she will run cool and fast. Maybe I will let techno even pop my head of my motor and he can see whats done to here and the cam, pistons and crankshaft.
                  I wont do the same for others however. Talk now or forever hold your piece, I aim to surpass all B6's and B3's in speed. We shall see soon enough.

Comment

You say the mods done to the engine will be mostly "trade secret", how about the tranny and driveline?

The unequal lengths of the axles will make torque steer a real bear with any high torque engine. With no LSD you will be pretty limited in available grip.

I have a feeling that without some serious custom work done on the front end you won't end up much faster than the tuned B6Ts or BPTs, the main advantage being the lower weight of the B3.
                    OX SMASH!!

Comment

Just answer some of the questions and maybe we won't call bullshit but seriously until I see the proof I will remain skeptical. My car is not built for straight line speed. My car is built to handle well for AutoX purposes if you have ever even heard of it. I don't claim to break any records but I also know alot of theory behind power and what you are saying doesn't seem to match up. -Kyle
                      Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

BTW there is a race team here (Atco NJ) running 8's w/an old school Corolla non nitrous when they were in the shakedown stages... T78... But still the block is the stock one just reworked... :roll: And you didn't say what suspension setup you are going to use to run these outrageous times.. Still going to be using the air setup???? -Kyle
                        Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

festymick

hi guys! yes, you are all correct in saying the engine wont last. it must be rebuilt after 75k. and it did cost alot, but thats the price one would pay for hp...
                          festymick

Comment

It's really simple, I can talk about my top secret motor and tell everyone about how great it's gonna be - especially since Everything I am gonna do requires parts that aren't even made for that engine. I am going to further the ante by avoiding any questions asked in reference to this *MAGICAL* motor :lol: . I can also get offended when people ridicule me for not giving any supporting information that can be used as a credit to my build.

- OR -

You could give us some info that actually gives credit to your project instead of destroying your credability. The only person your hurting at this point is yourself. Unless your full of BS, You could at least atempt to answer some of our questions.
                            You wanna keep your internal mods secret? GO AHEAD! There isn't anything your going to do to your engine that hasn't been done on another motor - that is how they know it works.
                            Most of whatever your going to be doing HAS BEEN DONE to a B3 before. There are people/companies that have spent the money and time building them before(B3). The only question in my mind is - Why waste your money getting a measily *MAGICAL* 200hp from a B3 when you can just drop $1500 on a BPT (GTR ENGINE) and have over the 200hp your shooting for?
                            Not only that, if your going to build it, you have to control it. AGAIN, what are you using for engine management? YOUR NOT GOING TO CONTROL IT WITH A STOCK COMPUTER. :x

IN SHORT, KEEP YOUR ENGINE MODS A SECRET, ANSWER OUR OTHER QUESTIONS THOUGH!! WE ARE ASKING ALOT OF OTHER QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE ANSWERS TO!
                            :idea:
                            You are on the verge of having ALOT of people calling you a LIAR on here. Back yourself up and give us some answers! :wink:
                            Fast, fun and good gas mileage. 91' Festiva(RIP) and 96' Aspire(RIP). The website is no more.

Comment

watch out there guys.. seems that everyone called BS on EVO about an AWD GTiR transplant....

Comment

We all need to remember even though this seems out of reach this IS NOT the arena. So we need to tone it down some and give him the chance to prove himself or find out it didn't work out. So lets avoid any big conflicts.
                                Brian
                                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                                :fish:

Comment

Working...
                                X