Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen this on mturbo.net? zm-b6 hybrid!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The trans and axles would be the problem with using the zm bottom end. The z engines won't bolt to a g trans I don't believe? Then you'd have to do custom axles or something to make it work..
    89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
    92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
    New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Z series are exactly the same as a b series except for the head. Any trans that bolts to a b series will bolt to a z series.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk
      Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

I stand corrected... So did the later proteges with the zm use a g trans or was it something else?
        89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:

Comment

F series according to what I've found.

Way too many cars

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
            F series according to what I've found.

correct!

If i didnt already have all the exhaust manifold parts and downpipe for my new bulid, i would be doing this... argh.

Comment

I have a feeling that a full zm swap with an appropriate head gasket and studs would be more beneficial than a b6/zm hybrid. It seems Mazda put some thought into the entire engine. It's definitely an interesting topic. I'll keep an eye open for one of those Protege engines at PAP.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                I have a feeling that a full zm swap with an appropriate head gasket and studs would be more beneficial than a b6/zm hybrid. It seems Mazda put some thought into the entire engine. It's definitely an interesting topic. I'll keep an eye open for one of those Protege engines at PAP.
                Amen! someone needs to do this.... If i didnt have 7 b6 series engines i would go this route.

Comment

All the,ones at the pull a parts around here have the f engine in them I think. What about the zl that's supposed to have vct on the intake cam? That would be an interesting swap.

Comment

Originally posted by geezerstiva View Post
                    All the,ones at the pull a parts around here have the f engine in them I think. What about the zl that's supposed to have vct on the intake cam? That would be an interesting swap.
                    If its anything like the vvt in a miata, it could make some serious power with some simple mods.

Comment

That's another one I'd love to get ahold of. I can't seem to find what the zl came in tho. Looks like its similar to the z5 with a different head.

Edit: Japan only engine. Dang lol
                      Last edited by geezerstiva; 02-13-2012, 10:36 PM.

Comment

It wasn't available in the US. Jdm only they pop up every once and awhile at importers.

Way too many cars

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
                          Amen! someone needs to do this.... If i didnt have 7 b6 series engines i would go this route.
                          I'm in the same boat, I scrapped 3 b6t/d blocks last month. Lol, I'm all tooled up for b6 engines, only to find something better, haha, oh well.
                          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I'm in the same boat, I scrapped 3 b6t/d blocks last month. Lol, I'm all tooled up for b6 engines, only to find something better, haha, oh well.
                            you scrapped the blocks?!?!?!?! as in they had missing chunks , spun rod bearings, or broken crank noses?

or they were good and you just threw them out :O?

I have a shortage of blocks, i have like 8 heads though.

Comment

Just bare blocks, they were all warped. I only use perfectly straight blocks.

Comment

Just bare blocks, they were all warped. I only use perfectly straight blocks.
                                you strike me as "that guy".

Your wheel wells are cleaner then my bedsheets.

Comment

Working...
                                X