temp reading on bp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temp reading on bp?

well i got my fpr and am ready to install on sat but my other situation still lingers... where can i hook up this temp gauge i have. i broke temp sensor off in my block and plugged it with jb weld to get me home but now i need a temp reading for my aftermarket gauge but dont know where to get it from.

any ideas? am i just going to have to drill out the stupid jb weld?

sometimes i dont think i should be allowed to work on cars
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

i HEAR YAH BRAH...

maybe you could get it from the plug on the front of the block??

the bolt below and to the right of the one circled is for water isn't it?

2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

are you saying to take the bolt out and replace it with the sensor? if so and there is a water jacket there then thats a good idea
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Yea, that's what I was thinking, if the threads are the same, there's a very small chance it could work.. I was hoping somebody that actually knew what they were talking about could interject their knowledge and let us know what is wrong with my idea before you actually tried it.
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

i may try it out on sat when i put in the fpr and finally get this beast out of the garage again now that its summer i really need that sensor

Comment

hows the build going zoom?

Comment

Members Builds (questions about repair or how to do something belong in the proper forum)

just updated
              Last edited by zoom zoom; 06-07-2012, 09:43 PM.
              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
                well i got my fpr and am ready to install on sat but my other situation still lingers... where can i hook up this temp gauge i have. i broke temp sensor off in my block and plugged it with jb weld to get me home but now i need a temp reading for my aftermarket gauge but dont know where to get it from.

any ideas? am i just going to have to drill out the stupid jb weld?
                I used plumbing fittings from Lowe's to put my aftermarket temp sensor into the coolant hose going into the heater core. Basically a cast-iron T fitting, so coolant could go through the straight part of the T normally, and the sensor was plumbed into the 90-degree part of the T. Then I ran the sensor wire from the passenger compartment, thru the firewall at a preexisting hole into the engine bay, and hooked it to the T. This gives a nice clean installation that is visually out of the way. I think there's a pic somewhere.

Edit: here is the thread with my pic. See post #18.
                Discuss enhancing your Festiva or Aspire interior and exterior (including custom paint, bodywork, seats, etc)
                Last edited by TominMO; 06-07-2012, 09:53 PM.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

thanks for the good info tom. think you could snap a pic?

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                    I used plumbing fittings from Lowe's to put my aftermarket temp sensor into the coolant hose going into the heater core. Basically a cast-iron T fitting, so coolant could go through the straight part of the T normally, and the sensor was plumbed into the 90-degree part of the T. Then I ran the sensor wire from the passenger compartment, thru the firewall at a preexisting hole into the engine bay, and hooked it to the T. This gives a nice clean installation that is visually out of the way. I think there's a pic somewhere.

Edit: here is the thread with my pic. See post #18.
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...p+gauge&page=2
                    Thanks tom! You are the man! Rep points added!

Comment

Working...
                    X