Affordable balancers for b6t/bpt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affordable balancers for b6t/bpt

found this on miataturbo.net, maybe we can get a group buy for some V belt ones going?

Engine Performance - New Harmonic Balancer from SuperMiata - https://www.miataturbo.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=52224&dateline=1345083605 (http://949racing.com/SuperMiata-Harmonic-Balancer.aspx) The picture above shows a balancer for another car but this gives you and idea of what the Miata damper will look like....

from all the interwebs research i have done the weakest part of the B series motors is the oil pump, they usually fail due to the harmonics, one way this has been fixed is buy buying billet oil pump gears, even with the gears the stock damper is still only limited for stock rpms. If you plan to build a motor you need this!

sweet, when i get some money to throw at my festiva again, this will be near the top of my list

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

That's a really good deal, I paid 650 for my balancer for my truck.
      -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

I keep telling marketing we need to get going on a fluid type one for the miata...
        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
          I keep telling marketing we need to get going on a fluid type one for the miata...
          Um, yes you do. Fluid dampening is imho the proper solution. Even if you don't get it SFI approved you'll sell lots of them if you can come in around 300 bucks.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

all of our parts (except for street ones) are sfi rated by nature of the design. I even think we make the street ones out of sfi materials... lol

I have a modified 4G63 one on my BP and I love it!
            89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
            2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
            1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

^ pics!!!! i want pics!!!
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                all of our parts (except for street ones) are sfi rated by nature of the design. I even think we make the street ones out of sfi materials... lol

I have a modified 4G63 one on my BP and I love it!
                I remember reading your thread about that. Great idea by the way. The BP is sort of a harmonic time bomb. lol.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

i have yet to have issue with oil pump or balancer. probably because of my 7200rpm redline.
                  I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
                    i have yet to have issue with oil pump or balancer. probably because of my 7200rpm redline.
                    you dont get the chance to blow up the oil pump cause your transmission blows up way before lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

lol true... but that engine has been through countless trannys
                      I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

well my wife got me a early anniversary present today! She just ordered me the balancer, now there not shipping til the first week of October =(

Comment

Working...
                        X