Weber conversion disty question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weber conversion disty question

Hello all, yes I've searched and can't find an answer. I have an 88 1.3 Carbed 4 Speed festiva and was wondering if the computer controls the ignition, or can I remove it when I install my weber? All replies are greatly appreciated. Also I don't care about the check engine light being on.

Advance the timing some. At 4100 feet 18 initial seems to work but at lower altitude
    you will have to dial it in.
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Chriskat600 View Post
      Hello all, yes I've searched and can't find an answer. I have an 88 1.3 Carbed 4 Speed festiva and was wondering if the computer controls the ignition, or can I remove it when I install my weber? All replies are greatly appreciated. Also I don't care about the check engine light being on.
      You can remove the ECU or leave it. It wont be used with the Weber, and you can get rid of all the sensors and vacuum lines, that are no longer needed, with the Weber

Here is my Weber install thread. Maybe it will help. My ECU is still in there somewhere, not doing anything. :p

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30959
      Last edited by drddan; 09-02-2012, 11:12 PM.
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Ok man, I really appreciate you answering that. I don't think movin understood what I was asking. I was wondering if I remove the computer if the distributor would still work, my fault I should have been more specific.

Comment

Sorry, no you were very clear! With the computer gone and a weber in place
          a jump in timing seems to make them run better, to make full benefit of the
          weber. There is several ways people are hooking the vacuum advance to vacuum
          and they all seem to work, for me both vacuum cans hooked to ported vacuum
          above the throttle plate with a bump in timing seems best. Some people have
          found that one of the vacuum cans is a vacuum retard but I have not found that
          one yet. Best of all, the whole set up is easy to play with, looks awesome and improves
          performance and mileage!! Nice!
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Thanks alot, u guys really know ur stuff.

Comment

Just wanted to update, I purchased a suzuki samari conversion kit, with manual choke. Runs great. I used the top adapter plate that came with the kit. I drilled three extra holes in it that lined up where I had enough material on the intake. I then drilled and tapped holes in the intake and used jb weld to fill in the holes in the adapter plate that I didn't need. I am currently running 10 degrees btdc base timing. What is the factory base timing supposed 2 be?

Comment

Also, what have u guys done about idle with a/c. With mine off I'm at 1400 with it on I'm at 600. Any suggestions

Comment

your compensator isnt picking the idle up. you should be at 600 with a/c off and 900 with a/c on.
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Webers don't have compensators, I think I'm going 2 try and ad one.

Comment

Working...
                    X