hydro to cable conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hydro to cable conversion

I wanted to post some pictures to help other members out with doing the Hydro to cable conversion for the later G series transmissions. My previous fabricator modified the stock festiva clutch bracket and used a clutch cable from a 87-93 ford mustang. Im replicating the mod on my other festiva, so as we do it i will get more pictures as to how it was done. The 5.0 cable will need to be shortened but no big deal. Here is a picture of the bracket for now and i will get some pictures next week as to how we will route it and hook it to the festiva pedal assembly.

nice! how does the pedal feel?
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Its got a stock cllutch set up so it feels normal to me. On my car it will probably be a lot stiffer due to I'm running the ebay stage 3 miata clutch.

Comment

Very interesting! I need to figure something out for my GTX trans, this just may be it!
        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Nice setup Rick, hopefully it work well for ya

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
          Very interesting! I need to figure something out for my GTX trans, this just may be it!
          if I were you I'd try mounting a GTX clutch master on your festiva

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I would too, decisions decisions. Plus I already have the clutch mc.
            89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
            2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
            1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Working...
            X