No announcement yet.

VAF on 2nd gen B6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run with the IAC unplugged, and the vac line capped.

How's the 02 sensor?
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
      I run with the IAC unplugged, and the vac line capped.

How's the 02 sensor?
      When I first did the swap, I had it disconnected, and the CEL would illuminate. I got another connector at the JY, and connected it, no CEL. I guess it is alright.

For the IAC, it does get into the 30's and 40's at night here, I might need it....
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

So a quick google search turned this up.

First result to, pretty cool.

Anyway, that gives me a place to start, but I am forced to ask, what is the proper AF mix for me? I am shooting for decent gas mileage, but when I floor it, I wanna boogie...

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post

Anywho, yeah, the untouched 323 that was out there a couple weeks ago is GONE. So I might take you up on that VAF, Ice, how much?

PM sent
          97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
          CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
          Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by iceracerdude View Post
            PM sent
            Never got it ?

Comment

13.6:1 target maybe as lean as 14.2.... got another Q: what do your plugs look like?
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Good question. Last time i had them out for the compression test that told me the rings were seated they looked like it was rich. I chalked it up toair leaks. I cleaned them up real good, so I will pull them tonight around five am and post a pic.

==================================================

Call the authorities, Scitzz has escaped the Insane Asylum again!

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                  13.6:1 target maybe as lean as 14.2.... got another Q: what do your plugs look like?
                  This is under heavy load or wide open throttle. The mixture can be considerably leaner under cruise. 14.7-15.5 is a general cruise window, but some engines will even cruise fine as high as 18:1. Tweak cruises well at 15:1. Most of the time your cruise air fuel mixture is the most important for mileage (unless you drive like Danny, haha).
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

^ right.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                      So a quick google search turned this up.

First result to, pretty cool.

Anyway, that gives me a place to start, but I am forced to ask, what is the proper AF mix for me? I am shooting for decent gas mileage, but when I floor it, I wanna boogie...
                      scitzz here's an old school way of knowing were your fuel ratio is. Use your nose...@ idle warmed up.Does the exhaust fumes burn your eyes? Too rich... On high rpm decel(using only engine to slow you down) does backfire through exhaust? To lean...
                      Also with good new plugs,make a real hard run through the gears.Kill the motor coast to a stop and pull a plug and smell. Reading the plugs like someone said is a real good way of knowing were your at. Tuners are so spoiled with widebands now days. Shoot we had to learn by smelling and reading plugs and listing to our engines
                      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
                      X