b3 carby to FI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b3 carby to FI

Not sure if this is the right place so move it if it isnt.

Anyway i have a b3 carby turbo. Im wanting to switch it to FI. I have purchased the following parts tht i think i need.

Intake with injectors and fuel rail
    throttle body
    vaf and ecu
    complete car wiring harness out of a FI
    And i have a FI tank with pump
    If im missing something plz chime in.

Now my questions are whats the best way to do this? Should i pull the complete harness and install the other harness? Any other things i can do? Gussing it will be a PITA to swap harnesses. Also dont i just swap parts? Nothing more to it is there? Also my next question is what should i buy for a fmu? Or think the computer will adjust enough? Surley someone has swapped one to FI. Any tips an trick would be great. It can be done pretty easily i hope! Thanks guys!
    Last edited by gmiller123; 10-21-2012, 08:21 PM.
    93 festy bp swap f series trans.

b3 carby to FI

I'm using my stock b3 carb loom for everything minus the engine, using the efi loom to run engine, I have the fuse box and everything for efi loom that I'll be using too... Only problem comes is with the power to coil pack... You can either find the wire on ignition barrel and run it to the coil.. Or you could run a 12v wire from battery to a switch on dash and then back to coil... I opted for switch, but switch means you'll need to flick switch on before cranking it and also have to turn key off and then switch off..

Comment

Working...
    X