No announcement yet.

How do I know if I wrecked the circlip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well no amount of cussing or beating at it made any progress, is it a lot more work to open the case and remove it?
    Owner of:
    1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
    In progress:
    BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by rbrown View Post
      We need to invent a BIG long slide hammer
      So BFH is now going to become supplementary essential in a tool box along with a BFLSH?

Comment

I just read on CP.com that one guy pops his axles out by sticking a chisel between the axle and transmission then beating on it. Does anybody have experience with this method or should I just go for broke and stick a crowbar on it and haul on it until something gives. Today has not been good
        Owner of:
        In progress:

Comment

http://www.zorotools.com/g/00012977/k-G3466093?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc &utm_campaign=Google_Shopping_Feed&kw={keyword}&gc lid=CMT_juW407MCFQkFnQodFisA2w

Comment

Choose a proper chisel and drive it in the space. Then use a large hammer or air
            hammer 180 degrees from the chisel. This is just a more robust version of the
            gentle rocky - rock method.
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Really wish I had a garage to work in... this doesn't work on an unpaved hill. I beat one chisel in between the axle and tranny, couldn't fit fit the chisel on the bottom side so I succeeded in making some nice metal shavings and really screwing up the axle seal. Clearly I can't do any of this right, anybody wanna buy 700$ worth of totaled protege?
              Also, has anyone ever taken a transaxle to a shop to have the axle yanked?
              Last edited by kellen302; 11-20-2012, 07:05 PM.
              Owner of:
              In progress:

Comment

I have never had one brought in that way, but why ?

Comment

If I can't get it out in a reasonable amount of time over Turkey day break, I don't have time until the end of January. Which means postponing the entire swap until around spring break maybe. Which would really bite. And apparently whatever I'm doing isn't working. Is it possible to drill through the axle cup and put a bolt through? I don't have a slide hammer but I do have a tow strap. Honestly I'm extremely fed up with this axle issue right now and I can't get a thing done about it.
                  Owner of:
                  In progress:

Comment

Stuff the opposite side with a little C4 and aim that stuck axle at something soft.

That kind of job, if you brought it to a shop would not be in any Labor guides so
                    you would have to negotiate the cost. The sticky factor is liability if all does not
                    go well.

If the storm fell a tree on it in your yard maybe the folks home owners insurance
                    would cover that and all the damage from the storm! Ha just kidding but you have
                    to get even with those crazy trees somehow.

The key is muscle and motion and you ! More and more pressure and a little rocking
                    around, something will give! Lots of ways to apply pressure and wiggle, try different
                    things until the magic moment strikes you!

Comment

Working...
                    X