Dickmeyer Automotive's Mazda B3 Performance Valve Train Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dickmeyer Automotive's Mazda B3 Performance Valve Train Kit

I just checked Facebook and saw that Matt uploaded a pic of the performance parts for the Festiva he has come up with. ( Sorry Matt if you wanted to release this info yourself, I was just really excited to see you're still in the Festiva game.)

Check it out and let Matt know what you think on his Facebook page guys!

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Was gonna start a thread on this but I will just jump on yours Been talking with several of you guys & I think it may be time for the next step. In 2013 we will be adding several pieces of equipment to our facility, one of which, a CNC Machining Center ( to manufacture our own turbo components ) but this will also allow us to produce small volumes of "Niche" products. In addition to our top end kits we offer, it seems the next step to be piston & rod kits. We are prototyping a billet steel rod & billet piston as we speak. As a stocking WD Dealer for MANLEY B6 & BP Rods are readily available for around $370, but my interest lies in B3 performance. Looking for a little feedback if there is any interest.
    PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

Comment

Sorry about that Matt. I am pretty keen on a set of rods possibly, as I probably wont have the engine in the car until spring seeing as I just got the car pulled out of the garage.

Comment

I would be intrested in any b3 performance parts you will be making
        Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
        Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
        Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
        WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

I'm working on a 10.0-1 & a 12.0-1 piston and big bore kit

Comment

Re: Dickmeyer Automotive's Mazda B3 Performance Valve Train Kit

Originally posted by Festevil3 View Post
            I would be intrested in any b3 performance parts you will be making
            If only you knew how many times this guy has heard this line....
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Dickmeyer Automotive's Mazda B3 Performance Valve Train Kit

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
              Isn't that the truth

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                This.

Matt really does know his stuff and I can attest to that, having had pretty much the full gamut of his work done to my B3 head. I actually just got off the phone with him and he has some really cool things planned for our little cars and I really would like to see people using his products so he can continue to provide quality American made performance parts for the Festiva and any other car that has been graced with a Mazda B-series engine.

Comment

Not sure how on subject this is. But B8-ME exhaust headers would interest a few people here, myself included.
                  Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

Originally posted by KingFish View Post
                    Not sure how on subject this is. But B8-ME exhaust headers would interest a few people here, myself included.
                    I am not sure about the architecture similarities between the B3, B6 or B8 ( on the cylinder head ) but Matt does have a B3 header and if the 3 heads are similar or the same in port spacing I bet the B3 header would work either right out of the box or with a bit of fabrication.

Comment

Re: Dickmeyer Automotive's Mazda B3 Performance Valve Train Kit

B8 and BP are physically longer than the rest.
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost
                      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Great work. I'm drooling over that carb adapter. Any thoughts on a bolt-on kit in the future?

Comment

No plans that would include the stock carb intake. It has 2 major problems. 1) the manifold has terrible air flow distribution ( which cripple the engines ability to make any power what so ever ) 2) its fuel distribution, what happens is the air & fuel leave the plenum turn 180 degrees, which throws the majority of the fuel to the outer edges of the runner, separating the air & fuel mixture. The majority of the fuel then takes the path of lease resistance straight into the #1 & #4 cylinders. Causing #1 & #4 to run overly rich, this starves #2 & #3, making them run overly lean. With the design of the intake nothing can be done about this. Upgrading the carb will offer little as it has to flow to a dud intake. You carb guys really need a redesigned intake.

Comment

Omg Matt is back!
                            Christmas just came early.
                            Now I might actually have a reason to stay b3....or at least buy another festI.
                            So what kind of hp/tq numbers you expecting with your upgrades?
                            Whats the tq curve delivery like?
                            omg omg omg!
                            ok I'm done
                            Fast....Women are fast
                            Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

The performance valve train kit that I have on a properly prepared cylinder head with intake & header will support 150 HP very easily NA.

Comment

Working...
                              X