Dickmeyer Automotive's Mazda B3 Performance Valve Train Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jemartin144 View Post
    There's a B3 header available? I was not aware of this. I'd love some info on what's available. I'd be happy to even just get an exhuast flange for the B3.
    I know that Matt has a B3 header available ( wether or not it is imediately available, he may need to actually weld it up but I do know that he has one.)

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
    I would like to see a set of pistons for the B6 bore (stock or overbore) with the shorter compression height of a B3 piston. That would allow us to use a B6 block for maximum displacement and a B3 crank and rods.

It would also be nice if you posted your products on here for those of us that don't do Facebook.

When I talked to Matt today he was talking about what he wants to call a B4 ( a little play on words if you think about it as a marketing stand point for him). It would be an .080 overbore which came out to 1399.7cc I believe he said. Also, like Matt mentioned earlier he is looking at getting a set of rods done but in order for him to have the machinable billets done he would need a big order so he could make the price more reasonable for us end users. ( he said a price point of around $390, which isn't bad considering it is and American made Billet steel rod made WITH American steel.) If you think about it, a B3 based 1400cc is only 200cc smaller than a B6 and 400 smaller than a B8. Matt's reasoning here is that if you go with the big bore kit you are using YOUR engine, ( no swapping involved) just take your engine out, have it bored, install the pistions and anything else you would want/need and then just put the engine right back in. ( no motor mount issues, or having to use mounts from other cars it just drops right back in place.)

Matt said he was also toying with the idea of a main stud girdle to stiffen the bottom end along with ARP studs and rod bolts as well. Matt is also about to take delivery of a brand new flow bench so he can flow test his new custom turbos as well as a brand new CNC machining center do he can actually fabricate all of these parts in house by him.

If anyone want to know more I would highly recommend just giving Matt a call. He is a cool guy that really knows his stuff and is fun to talk to about our little cars.

Greg
    Last edited by gergorian; 12-19-2012, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      Bert, that 25 horsepower isn't free. You have to swap engines to get it.
      Well when you're faced with a existing 'smoker' or otherwise bagged powerplant a B3 teardown and rebuild is guaranteed more work and more expense than trying to bird-dog a clean B6. Just today I went to have a look at a for sale 93 323 with a 1.6 and 128K (78,000 miles!) and a month ago I found a 92 323 1.8 with 150K (90,000mi). They're out there, still.

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
        I would like to see a set of pistons for the B6 bore (stock or overbore) with the shorter compression height of a B3 piston. That would allow us to use a B6 block for maximum displacement and a B3 crank and rods.
        Link5186 and I have discussed building such an engine with the various parts laying around my shop. The lighter rods would help with revs.
        Last edited by Pu241; 12-24-2012, 02:29 PM. Reason: clarity
        Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
        93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
        91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
        93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
        15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
        88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post
          Link5186 any I have discussed building such an engine with the various parts laying around my shop. The lighter rods would help with revs.
          That's the engine I actually wanted to build. It would appear to me that the B3 rod is longer than the B6 one...which is what I was after. I don't think there's enough meat on top of a B6 piston to mill it down enough. I looked for some old 1.5L Mazda GLC pistons (I think they may work dimensionally) but I couldn't find any. I still have my old B3 and have a lead on a good B6 core...next summer I'll do some experimenting.
          Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
          04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
          62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
          Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Disclaimer.....Whenever I speak, the conversation tends to get turned into a credential swapping war. Be advised, I mean ONLY friendly conversation. I read things like increasing the power on a B3 would require additional expenses, like clutches & transmissions, well sure that is just a general part with increasing the power on any engine no matter what the displacement. Take this example, my performance prepped cylinder head, it's a perfectly engineered package combining expert machining operations, high quality components that perfectly compliment each other. The cam utilizes state of the art lobe profiles that manipulate the valve motion to work perfectly with the air flow abilities of the cylinder head. And this is my point, if you have an engine that's in good mechanical working order my head can be installed as easily as replacing a head gasket ( a couple of hours ). And yes, you need other components such as a header & exhaust, some intake modifications. But these all can be done in stages or as time & money presents itself. I have talked to several members who have taken on a swap & it drags out months or a year or longer. Often ending up giving up on their project. My cylinder head package offers exceptional performance, reliability & durability. The end result is the following....on our test car, running a bone stock bottom end in good mechanical condition with 190,000 miles, running 87 octane fuel with only 14 degrees of timing & a relatively lean fuel curve ( 13.3 AFR @ WOT ). The car averages 38-40 mpg, has excellent drivability & has a sound you would have to hear to believe. Performance comes in at 112-117 HP & 126 FPT at the wheel, depending on coolant temp & weather, assuming a conservative 10% drivetrain loss that equals 130 HP at the flywheel, that's 100 HP per L which is super car territory. This is just with a top end package. I look to push this much further.
            PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

Comment

Here is a picture for those of you that don't have Facebook

valve train kit.jpg

Comment

^Beautiful. If only you had happened in the Festivas' youth, their status might have been quite different today. Nice work as always.
                Last edited by sketchman; 12-20-2012, 12:21 PM.
                Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Storing monies NOW. Must complete quests to gain more monies. Darn, just missed the point multiplier.... oh well.

So the setup now you are talking about is N/A correct?
                  What are you expecting to see with FI? I would love to see some track vids of your test car. Also some basic vids of the test car as well. You know, for fap reasons ;-) . Keep up the good work MATT. I will be after your top end package in a month or less. You thinking about copper headgaskets?
                  Fast....Women are fast
                  Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

For the sake of comparison, my wife has a Contour SVT with CAI, Exhaust & Sniper Tuning. We raced one day, Festiva won by about 4 car lengths. At one time, I did build a turbo system the shop festiva. It made 266 HP at the wheel, but the Denso EFI system couldn't begin to cope & I got no interest in it so I sold it.

Comment

Dude, sorry if I offended you. No ones questioning your credentials. Your results speak for themselves. There are many on here that are young or have very little experience. I know it sounds funny, but not every one here realizes or even thinks about the fact that there are supporting mods (like trans and clutch) that go along with the territory, regardless of the power source. It was intended to be friendly conversation for the benefit of everyone.
                      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon

Comment

Wasn't intended towards you at all. Just a past few conversations.

Comment

I understand. I don't want this to turn out like some of the past threads....and I don't want to discourage you from the development your doing or this site.

So, how about some tech info on the cams you have to offer? I would love to replace the FMS cam in my B6 with something more aggressive but street able. There are several of us with the 8v B6 and minor port work. Any recommendations?
                          Brian

Comment

Re: Dickmeyer Automotive's Mazda B3 Performance Valve Train Kit

Wow 117 whp out of an n/a b3, I'd love to hear that thing rip. I see both sides of the argument of swap vs building the b3 and I'm glad that your sticking to your guns and pushing the limits of it and seeing what you can do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by FastOrBust View Post
                              Wow 117 whp out of an n/a b3, I'd love to hear that thing rip. I see both sides of the argument of swap vs building the b3 and I'm glad that your sticking to your guns and pushing the limits of it and seeing what you can do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
                              I am about to send in a few oem cams and have him grind one. His cam with all the work he has done to my head as well as the .030 overbore I have in my B3 I am hoping for somewhere around those numbers.

Comment

so for right now, is there any benifit to buying just your cam and dropping it in?
                                Fast....Women are fast
                                Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X