Dickmeyer Automotive Engineering Race Header B3/B6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TominMO View Post
    Depends. For me he needed an Aspire cam to alter, which I sent him.
    I was mainly speaking of the header when I said I thought he had them ready to go.

I want a carb intake. Still waiting to hear from Matt when one is done. Its been over 2 months. Was hoping to get one before winter, or it'll be next year before I can install it. I have to work outside. (I dont like working in a frozen driveway)
    Last edited by drddan; 08-11-2013, 12:29 PM.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• Originally posted by drddan View Post
      I was mainly speaking of the header when I said I thought he had them ready to go.

I want a carb intake. Still waiting to hear from Matt when one is done. Its been over 2 months. Was hoping to get one before winter, or it'll be next year before I can install it. I have to work outside. (I dont like working in a frozen driveway)
      He doesn't have anything made up, you just get in line and wait.
      Jack Byrd,
      1991 Capri
      1988 Festiva LX, 240K
      1970 Chev C10
      1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Every thing I build is custom built per order and application.On custom orders I build in the order it was recieved, this is the only way to be fair to everyone. Understand the orders from here make up about a half percent of our work load, but this dose'nt mean your orders are any less important to me.I was out of the shop all last week delivering an engine to a customer in north carolina and made a stop to myrtle beach while so close. Rest assured I do as much as i can 11 hrs a day.( and as a side note, never tear down your daily driver for custom work with out making other arrangments,) Remember I can honestly say that we do work that no one in the world does and I always have work scheduled out a year ahead, as of two weeks ago we have 128 different projects going on from all over the world, plus 2 projects for PRI & SEMA shows.Getting your order filled and impressing you with our workmanship is of top priority it just requires uderstanding that these thing can't be done overnight. Thanks Matt.
        PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

Comment

• Matt informed me today that he's shipping my cam tomorrow. The header to follow in a couple of days. Soon I'll be headed to see Zanzer.....
          Jack Byrd,
          1991 Capri
          1988 Festiva LX, 240K
          1970 Chev C10
          1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Matt, we forbid you to go on vacations, and order you to increase your workday to 15 hours. This is perfectly reasonable since we are leaving you 9 whole hours to sleep, eat, recreation, etc., which you may divide up any way you want.

You may take 1/2 day off on alternate Sundays, as long as production output does not suffer.

Have a nice day.
            Last edited by TominMO; 08-12-2013, 04:38 PM.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• hahahah that's TOTALY fair.

i vote Tom for dictatorial rule effective immediately!
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• I accept. My first decree is that we will all learn to speak in pig-Latin within six months.

I mean, ithinway ixsay onthsmay.
                Last edited by TominMO; 08-12-2013, 04:53 PM.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• Originally posted by drddan View Post

DrDan , recently experienced what I can olny descibe as a "learning curve" in regards to the festiva crowd.I've had to reevaluate the worth of spending valuable time & resources developing/building low or no profit products.The intake i have designed looks to work pefectly & resolve the air/fuel distribution issuse of the o.e carb intake, I just can't do it at price i believe members are willing to pay. An effort to produce it less expensivly negativly effected its funtion.Unfortunatly i've had to reconsider the worth in continuing to build any festive performance parts.
                  PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

Comment

• On the aspire the airbox has a hemholtz resonator on it.
                    That is removeable with a couple screws.

I wonder if it would be more cost effective for us aspire owners if you could design a new
                    One of a different width and length that's Tuned to the air difference needed through the airbox.
                    From the addition of your header setup.
                    That way the intake power peak rpm
                    matches the exhaust power peak rpms.

It would require much less time and material to fabricate I believe.
                    Maybe when I save up some more cash ill be the first one to have one made.
                    It would be a nice mod to have with minimal modification to apply.

I don't know about the festy guys tho :-P
                    Last edited by rmoltis; 08-14-2013, 10:35 AM.
                    Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

• Bah, I never leave those boxes on. Now a Heimholz Hidden Dry Shot, I'd leave THAT on.
                      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdickmeyer View Post
                        DrDan , recently experienced what I can olny descibe as a "learning curve" in regards to the festiva crowd.I've had to reevaluate the worth of spending valuable time & resources developing/building low or no profit products.The intake i have designed looks to work pefectly & resolve the air/fuel distribution issuse of the o.e carb intake, I just can't do it at price i believe members are willing to pay. An effort to produce it less expensivly negativly effected its funtion.Unfortunatly i've had to reconsider the worth in continuing to build any festive performance parts.
                        The more hard you data you can convice everyone that the b3 can do MPG and power, not MPG or power will get more people to come around. I get it though, waiting for them to pull trigger doesn't mean your bills are going to wait.
                        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• If everything you do is custom made.
                          Wouldn't the data always be different?

If you went to a performance shop and asked them to do custom work.
                          Would you ask them for data as to what to expect?
                          Or would you have the custom work done and then extract the results at the end?

Chances are no-one will have worked on the b3 before meaning they would have no idea what to expect.

Not to mention his parts aren't all for the b3
                          Hell create anything you want for any car.

And any engine can be made to perform
                          Why need proof for what people have been doing for years?

Go ask drumnerd33 what he thinks of his engine.
                          And see what kind of response you get from him.
                          I bet its %100 positive.

I think what he's saying is.
                          It's not the fact that people are not buying his products.
                          It's more the fact that he's offering his top notch design services
                          To create top notch products at prices that are far below that which other shops would offer.

And people are being ungrateful
                          And complaining about things like
                          having to wait their turn for a custom hand made product.

When he's alreading cutting his bottom line drastically just to help us festiva/aspire crowd
                          Get a leg up with the performance crowd.

If any of you go to any shop and ask them to do the same things matt is doing.
                          They would charge you double or more

And you wouldnt even be guaranteed to get a quality product.
                          Made by a person who may or may not have similar experience.
                          Or willing to create a top notch product.
                          Some people may just make something that fits and sell it to you.
                          Rather than refining it to its full potential.
                          While charging you more to do it.

For example his custom tuned header for $340.

I found the most reputable header shops online all over the u.s.
                          And sent them information about my application I wanted a custom tuned header for.

And the quotes ranged from $1000-$2000
                          For a hand crafted header.

Other option was pacemaker from Australia.
                          And the shops I quoted from Australia to have one shipped over.
                          Quoted me from $700-800.

His parts are such a baragain for how they perform.
                          You all should be thanking him for the hard work he's investing
                          In our cars to bring them up to par.

If you invested your full attention to detail on products to create the best you could.
                          Better than others offer.
                          And sold them at bottom line prices.

And got a bunch of ungrateful responses from everyone.
                          About price and wait time.
                          Wouldn't you start to lose interest.
                          In helping out that particular group.
                          And start to see it as a pointless endeavor?

When he's gone you guys will be back to mismatching random parts.
                          Never reaching the full potential of your engines.

Just sayin...

Comment

• I got my header today and it is beautiful. I can hardly wait to get it going. With any luck I'll be back on the road in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know what I think of it and the cam as soon as I get a little seat time.
                            Jack Byrd,
                            1991 Capri
                            1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                            1970 Chev C10
                            1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
                              I got my header today and it is beautiful. I can hardly wait to get it going. With any luck I'll be back on the road in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know what I think of it and the cam as soon as I get a little seat time.
                              I like how the collector even has the little four side triangle in the center
                              to help converge the flow from the primaries to the collector.

Which cam did you order?
                              The mpg
                              Stage1
                              Stage2
                              Stage3
                              Or custom?
                              Last edited by rmoltis; 08-21-2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• I hope he doesn't mind me commenting for him or on his behalf, but drumnerds car is stupid fun. Matt's work is top notch.

I'm with rmoltis:
                                From the 200sx crowd with zero aftermarket support ZERO off the shelf suspension mods. To the other end : a z32 and a 280 zxt where parts are readily available but cost an arm and a leg.
                                You guys have it good to have someone that is willing to produce quality parts , on their own time, for a car like the festiva. We should be sending matt a thank you card and some beers. And a link at the top of the forum homepage.

THANKYOU MATT FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR US.
                                Fast....Women are fast
                                Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X