Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fastiva89 View Post
    Is that $300 with shipping or without?
    Purchaser pays s/h, I would have no way to guess on s/h without a destination.
    PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

Comment

I have a question. You said your header was designed to work well with the stock exhaust setup. My question is. If you wanted a complete exhaust setup. what would be the best pipe size after the cat to the muffler. I understand that it depends on the application either big pipe for higher rpm volumetric efficiency. or small pipe for low rpm v.e. what would be the best balance of both worlds for a DD? I've been thinking of downsizing my exhaust diameter from 1.75"-1.5" I think stock was 1.25"-1.375. I like low end grunt more than high rpm power should I match the after cat pipe to the size of the header primaries?
      Last edited by rmoltis; 02-01-2013, 10:38 AM.
      Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

factory festy OD after the cat is 1.5", if you're in the 1.75-1.825 range with a warmed over B3, i'd think you're in the sweet spot.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoltis View Post
          I have a question. You said your header was designed to work well with the stock exhaust setup. My question is. If you wanted a complete exhaust setup. what would be the best pipe size after the cat to the muffler. I understand that it depends on the application either big pipe for higher rpm volumetric efficiency. or small pipe for low rpm v.e. what would be the best balance of both worlds for a DD? I've been thinking of downsizing my exhaust diameter from 1.75"-1.5" I think stock was 1.25"-1.375. I like low end grunt more than high rpm power should I match the after cat pipe to the size of the header primaries?
          I think 1.5 inch would be a little on the small side. If it helps, I am running 2.5 inch from the header to the tail pipe. HP & torque was tremendously higher throughout the RPM range. The lowest I loaded on the engine on the dyno was 2,000 RPM. But granted, my engine is not stock. If you kneel 25' behind the tailpipe, you can eel the exhaust pulses smack you in the face at idle.

Comment

That's awesome. So by that answer my current size is sufficient for stock. But underrated for any modifications I would attain from your products. Thx for the info yet again.
            Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Originally posted by mattdickmeyer View Post
              . If you kneel 25' behind the tailpipe, you can eel the exhaust pulses smack you in the face at idle.
              so, is this something you do when you're alone in your shop at night? Does the wife know about this?? LOL
              Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
              62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
              Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

what he's not telling you is what he does to that tail pipe after he kneels down.....
                Last edited by FestYboy; 02-04-2013, 07:08 PM.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

TMI Festyboy!
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Hehehehe!

Comment

Haha, I was thinking...but decided not to go there. Whatever he's doing, if he can do it from 25' away, he deserves recognition.
                      I SURE hope Matt has a sense of humor.
                      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                        ... Whatever he's doing, if he can do it from 25' away, he deserves recognition.
                        Hahaha...
                        -Zack
                        Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

I think some of you may have thought that you are on "Sheeplovers.com"

Comment

You could have at least posted a link to that site......not that I would go there.....just sayin'
                            Brian

Comment

Matt this motto is applicable to you and your business: "The bitterness of poor quality and bad service is rememered long after the sweetness of low price if forgotten"

Cortezit

Comment

Originally posted by cortezit View Post
                                Matt this motto is applicable to you and your business: "The bitterness of poor quality and bad service is rememered long after the sweetness of low price if forgotten"

Cortezit
                                Thanks for your compliment, tho I understand your meaning, I think some members take this as a bash. I think a more modern translation of "the quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten" will be better understood for some. I enjoyed our phone conversation yesterday, I look forward to talking with you again & working on your project with you. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X