No announcement yet.

hydrogen injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thing... does propane injection work?
    '89 L Charcoal
    '89 L Red
    '91 Ranger
    '65 F100

Sepmer Fi

Comment

you can run an engine on propane or LNG. it will be less powerful and requires a richer mix than gasoline. adding propane to your current fuel mix will take the place of air in the cylinder. any correction by the PCM will cause a lean condition and can damage the engine. if you run propane or LNG, make it your only fuel, not a mix. Propane and diesel is a wholy different matter and should not be considered in any way similar in form or function.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Propane and diesel still requires extra air input unless you're already running a low-power mix at WOT when you'd be injecting propane. That's why the phrase 'propane is like nitrous for diesels' is complete BS.

Comment

I have recently done tons of HHO, what ever and 30 years ago I was doing hundreds of propane conversions.

There is a lot of false advertising , hoky research and some very good products, but I really do not want to get into that but to share a little insight.

HHO carries waste oxygen with it, when injected into the intake charge this oxygen is measured by the o2 sensor
          the upstream one, and the computers response is to richen the mixture. That is the first reason to lean the mixture.

Hydrogen or hydrogen and oxygen when produced on demand and injected burn like lightning compared to petroleum fuels. That little bit mixed with the intake charge will streak across the combustion chamber while the ignition spark or diesel injection is still occurring. This causes more complete combustion of the fuel that is being used for power. It reduces the point that detonation will occur by burning the end gases and eliminating long flame fronts. This means that more compression and or more ignition timing is possible. When injected at sufficient quantities to achieve this the check engine light will turn on with systems that use a downstream o2. That is because the engine IS burning almost all of the fuel available and the cat will not have enough unburned fuel to operate.

Obviously there are a very wide variety of combustion chamber designs , let alone computer system logic ect.
          This means that results will vary widely .

Hydrogen is destructive to plastic and metal including stainless steel. When used for years this becomes a problem.

So..it is easy to make when you understand some of the unique features of making hydrogen and oxygen from water or other compounds. Our engines will not run acceptably when too much is put in and no improvement will happen if too little is put in, there has to be enough to start combustion at several points in the combustion chamber and to burn leaner than normal mixes on air restricted engines.

It is really fun to play with. You know how Oxygen-Acetylene (C2H2 ) will go BOOM quite nicely ? Thats nothing compared to HHO. When used as a welding gas it is safe to breath depending on the substance being welded.

This is the part I do not understand and would really like a good explanation. When used as a torch the flame temp is cool until it contacts a substance. At that time the flame temp will increase to the temp that that substance turns to liquid, and this includes fire brick, rocks, anything so far...I wish I was sitting back in my college physics class..!

This is a lot of fun but for the maintenance and effort it really does not pencil for the DD.
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
          X