question for miata blockheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question for miata blockheads

I spent 5k for shortblock on my Harley f150 but thats making 600ft lbs of torque. That's worth it.. Just my .02
    -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
      IMO 5k on a rotating assembly for a festiva is not justifiable.

500 car 5000 motor? Something's wrong here.
      Unfortunatly the cost of the project always exedes the value of the vehicle, Our shop car is 95' mercury cougar w/12,000 miles that i bought new to build a drag car out of, i have 80,000$ invested and its only half done. It probably books for around 1,800$. Its a matter of doing what makes you happy. 5,000 for an race engine is cheap!Our average engine runs 7,500 to 25,000$
      PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

Comment

Originally posted by mattdickmeyer View Post
        Unfortunatly the cost of the project always exedes the value of the vehicle, Our shop car is 95' mercury cougar w/12,000 miles that i bought new to build a drag car out of, i have 80,000$ invested and its only half done. It probmably booksm for around 1,800$. Its a matter of doing what makes you happy. 5,000 for an race engine is cheap!Our average engine runs 7,500 to 25,000$
        Matt 5k is only for the piston rods and crank. Its not a motor still.needs gaskets and machining. If you want exotic.look.at a fe3

Comment

Some of our top tier engines we use Winberg or Crower cranks, the're 5,000$ by them selves. We charge 3,800 to prep oe forged modular cranks. I guess u wouldnt want to flip the bill for BP we,re developing right now. Custom made parts carry custom prices.I know of a race team that spends 58,000$ per season on valve springs! To get to the next level you have to pay to play, and for those people its the best money they ever spent, for others its a house.
          PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

Comment

i still say if you have the money to sink into your favorite car whether it be a hotrod,classic, or import it dosent matter what other people think if you like it. some guys have 9 second hondas & someeone will say he could have a ferrari for what he has in a civic. that person dosent want a ferrari he wants a 9 second car & loves hondas. same with the mustang guys they buy a 90s notchback 4 cylinder mustang for 600 bucks then dump 50K into the driveline to run 8s + 9s thats their enjoyment no matter what it cost them. i say spend your hard earned $ on what you enjoy & who cares what anyone else thinks.
            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

IMHO,

I say do whatever you want bud. Honestly, spending 5000 dollars on an engine for a 500 dollar car is not that bad.

Honda guys spend TONNNES of money on EG's and what makes them THAT more special than the festiva?

Few people have dumped real money into a festiva. By the sounds of your situation you have the money to do whatever you want. Personally id love to see it. You only live once, do it.

Comment

Hell im only 22 and am starting my career as a CPA soon. The day i have real money im going to have a fully built festiva, no expense spared.

1.6L fully bulit, straight cut gears, custom axles/control arms etc etc etc.

Comment

Re: question for miata blockheads

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
                  IMHO,

I say do whatever you want bud. Honestly, spending 5000 dollars on an engine for a 500 dollar car is not that bad.

Honda guys spend TONNNES of money on EG's and what makes them THAT more special than the festiva?

Few people have dumped real money into a festiva. By the sounds of your situation you have the money to do whatever you want. Personally id love to see it. You only live once, do it.
                  Yeah, look at Vinny! A Hayabusa-powered, MR setup! It's your money, do what you want! All I suggest is that you shell it and frame it. There's not much to these cars, so removing 90% of the structural steel in lieu of a tubular frame for safety and structural rigidity is a good start. Not only that, but it will open up a lot more room in the engine bay where it's desperately needed.

Trust that if I had the funds for an aluminum tubular structure and a carbon fiber body, I would do it. At that point, the sky is the limit.
                  Last edited by DriverOne; 04-04-2013, 11:37 AM.
                  In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                  There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                  X