turbo positioning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo positioning.

how many different places can we place a turbo with our festiva/aspire setups. ive thought about placing on where the factory airbox of an aspire going. right behind the passenger side headlamp. or the more interesting position of rear mount. that one sounds like fun, but it also sounds inviting for thievery. yesterday i noticed a huge hole under the intake manifold behind the engine. theres gotta be enough room there to house a turbo, and itd be difficult to spot the booster in your engine bay. super stealth. any opinions about this spot?

that hole under the intake fills quickly once you get the 4 2+" tubes nessisary for the turbo to work, let alone the turbo itself... and the oil filter (though that can be relocated), and the axle movement and rack.... i think you'd find that you'd run out of room before the turbo is even in there.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I'm thinking a better place would be just under the exhaust manifold. Not only is there room, but you would also get far better cooling than under the intake. And of course rear turbo is also an option.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

i think a stealthy hidden rear turbo setup would be some what unique. ive seen one members' setup of it already though. so not super unique

Comment

A stealthy rear turbo? In the spare tire well maybe? IDK.
          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

that right there is a brilliant idea. i really want an in cabin air filter though. maybe underneath my rear speakers? in the plastic cover. you guys think the turbo sucking sound would be too much there?

Comment

loud and a chance of CO intrusion.... keep everything out of the cabin.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

You could easily pop out a drain plug and box it in from the top with a removable cover. I don't really understand why you'd do all that though. I still don't understand why anyone wants to do a rear turbo in the first place on these cars, but to each his own.
                Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Working...
                X