Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paging Rocketman.. - Ford Capri B6 NA passenger question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging Rocketman.. - Ford Capri B6 NA passenger question.

is the passenger side mounting area for the B6 engine block removable?

the reason i ask is because i have seen some passenger mounts/alternator brackets that look quite ideal from a kia rio 2001-2003 (i also think that that they have the alternator bracket there as well) that i'm thinking could take the place of them.

the idea is similar to the already established "L-shaped" passenger mount mod utilized by a lot of the members here already, but instead of the passenger mount reaching down towards the B6 mount for the engine block, it is bolted onto the back of the engine (closest to the firewall) and then from there, goes around the corner of the block and looks like it will sit where the original mount/mounting area would be found on the B6.

if this has been discussed already, i'll have this thread deleted.

i'll endeavor to get some photos of the mounts ASAP.. just as a mental note, the Kia engine block i saw these on look very similar to the B6 from the Capri as well in dimensions too. will have to get the tape measure on this one i think.

just to update everyone quickly, i'm feeling a lot better about my swap now.
    Last edited by jawbraeka; 10-26-2013, 06:03 PM.
    Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
    Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
    Highway - 7.32L/100km
    City - yet to be determined.

yep.. that's exactly what i saw on the car.. just wasn't sure on the years, but i know the mount and bracket . thanks 1chrisapple.

just need to know if the original Capri B6 mounting point on the block of the engine can be removed.. if it can, i'll be at the wreckers this week to get the mount.

Avg Economy:
    Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

as in the part of the mount that sticks through the timing cover with the 2 bolts.the part the the ebay mount bolts to?
      if so yes u can remove it just take timing cover off and I think u may have to remove timing gears but they unbolt from the block.ill get a pic later

Comment

capri b6t stock mount hope this helps

Comment

that is exactly what i needed to see... thankyou heaps for that... really puts things into perspective now

Avg Economy:
          Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Just thought id throw this out there also. Looks close to what u need. Its the mount im going to use.take the stock b3 mount the whole thing off the b3 block and alternator bracket. Put 1" spacers between the mount and block then use 3 bell housing bolts for longer bolts.
            Heres what looks like.just call or text me its easier 502-264-1391

Comment

ok some more pics for ya.this is the b3 mount and block bracket and alternator brkt with 1" spacers and 3 trans bell housing bolts looks almost like it would work for u and its very easy swap.

Last edited by 1chrisapple; 10-29-2013, 08:30 PM.

Comment

got a better mounting fitup.. got me a 99 KIA MENTOR bracket.. includes, no spacing and 1 piece.

Bolt-up pattern..

Ford XR2 Block Bolt Pattern.

Engine Block Fitment

use your imagination on this one, mounting position of both "Original Passenger Mount" and "New Passenger Mount"

Mount side on (might need to turn laptop and have fun on a phone lol)

this was found by sheer accident at the wreckers and i think is much more suitable too.. looks to be quite chunky and fits exactl where it needs to, no mess no fuss.

this mount also has an alternator bracket mount area too, but i can't say if it's 100% or not.. all i know is there are two versions out there.

08/99 Kia Mentor - rebadged kia sephia
                1994/1996 Mazda Protege 1.8 DOHC Mount : EBAY - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230952711...84.m1436.l2649

Avg Economy:
                Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

oh snap that's kool u can find these all day at pick pulls

Comment

post pics of it bolted up

Comment

Working...
                    X