No announcement yet.

lil more power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought rocketman's vaf adapter and put a cone filter on in about 5 minutes.

Hardest part....waiting for the mail to come.
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

[QUOTE=bhearts;651674]Speaker polarity is only for a reference All the speakers need to be wired the same- Plus to plus, minus to minus or plus to minus, minus to plus. If one of the speakers is out of phase, The bass tends to get cancelled out, leaving a pitiful sounding stereo. If there are no markings on a speaker you can find the plus by hooking a 1.5v battery across the terminals. If the cone goes outward, the plus side of the battery is hooked to the plus of the speaker. Oops, didn't see gomez's reply!
      Last edited by zoe60; 06-19-2014, 11:39 AM.

Comment

I personally would start with just the simple k&n drop in filter.
        it doesnt neccessarily gain you any hp.
        but it helps reduce the pressure drop accross the filter element.
        letting your stock engine breathe more fully to stock capacity.

itll just feel like it runs smoother and will have slightly better response.
        its worth it for how cheap it costs to just buy it. and drop it in.

while your at it just give it a good once over tune up replacing any worn stuff that may sap power.

fresh fluids
        oil change, filter
        transmission fluid drain refill
        repack and or replace wheel bearings.
        new spark plugs if needed
        spark plug wires
        cap rotor
        fuel filter
        maybe run a bottle of seafoam through the engine or a couple oz in the oil
        new o2 sensor

anything else you guys could think of that would help restore his car to tip top shape
        extracting every oz of his factory spec powaaaa!

it would make him enjoy his car a little bit more while deciding on future upgrades.
        Last edited by rmoltis; 06-19-2014, 01:39 PM.
        Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

yeah you can totally run aluminum intake piping to,I didn't think of that,where are all getting your vaf cone filter adapters?Every one that i've bought is way to big for the festivas vaf

Comment

Boy this thread dropped like a stone. Testosterone-obsessive-loud sound systems and 'hotter' engines are two entirely different things. The OEM radio in my 92 quit 10 years ago and in between dealing with mechanical issues and learning how to anticipate problems (this particular car had to be absolutely reliable) radio issues were relegated to secondary/tertiary and I wound up foresaking music and news entirely. Watching the gauges (you've really got to get hold of, and install, a tach instrument cluster!) and hearing the purring of an engine, and quiet of the wheel bearings and drivetrain, became favourite 'music to my ears' during the past 10 years. These cars are now 20+ years old and need even more attention.
            If I didn't have one, an APB for a 5 speed Festy would be much more important to me than whether the GD radio worked.

Comment

Working...
            X