No announcement yet.

Top Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have gone at least 100 if not more i have a b6 sohc and i have gotten it up to 4000 in fifth i have a cluster that reads up to 85 but it has enough room left after that to read to at least 95 and i have kept going for another 3-400 rpm after that it may have been closer to 105 but at about 4000 the car gets to shaking a little too much for my taste so i haven't gotten it higher than that
    the blue b6-ze oh yeah!!

Comment

I've had 105 in my 1997 aspire in 4th gear.

Comment

About an inch past 85.

Save your pity for the weak.

Comment

I do that every day to and from work. I have a little wear mark on the lens from the needle touching it.
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Do that on the freeway...

Kind of scares the SUVs to see this tiny car scoot by them at 90 MPH...
            :lol:

Scares me, too, 'cause the brakes suck and the car shudders like crazy at that speed.

Regards,

Tim
            White '89L auto - Sold!
            Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Doing over 85 and taking a picture of the speedo! Were you talking on your cell phone and eating a Big Mac, too? :lol:

Let's be careful out there!

I don't think I've pegged either of my Festiva speedos. When I put in a B6 that'll have to change, though. With Aspire brakes and solid springs to match, you betcha!

I ain't flying no Banzai Cherry Blossom!

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy
                Doing over 85 and taking a picture of the speedo! Were you talking on your cell phone and eating a Big Mac, too? :lol:
                I took the picture with my cell phone...kind of hard to get a good shot the way that sucker shakes. But now that you mention it, I did picture share that with someone while it was still pegged...probably pretty dumb.
                Save your pity for the weak.

Comment

i did 100mph today whit my stock 97 aspire 3 speed auto
                  but i can get to maybe 110 whit a good wind and going down a hill :wink: :wink:

Comment

As far as I remember I had mine to about 120, open header :lol: and my buddy was next to me in his 400RWHP cobra. I was going down a big hill and car was ready to totaly fall apart. He showed me 120 and that is when i was like, time to back off. Funny thing, I had one more gear to go . I was in redline in 4th. The tranny on my car is from my buddys old festiva that now has cobra. I also got pulled over doing 110 on 50, cop was very worried how did I do it. Well, he told me to get the hell out of there and slow the hell down. Here is one of pics when i was doing about 90 with my buddy behind me pacing me.... That was 5th gear bearley 4000 RPMs

Comment

it was 1989, working for a Ford dealer, when my buddy came back from a rather long test drive in a '89 LX. showed me the ticket he got doing 101 in a 50 zone, cop even showed him the readout! I busted out laughing, so hard i could not face him for a week after nor could anyone else. I believe the cop cut him a break in the fine, just in disbelief alone and non-rush hour!!!

Comment

damn this thing's slow.....

my GF just bought a 96 Aspire auto, poor thing tops out at 75 :shock: . i need it to go faster than that if we're going out west. for god's sake, my 88 carbed festy will hit 100 and that's w/ about 300k on the clock .

anyway, not to hi-jack the thread, but is there anything effective to do to the stock engine other than the complete header back exhaust that it's already getting? i'm not doing an engine swap to that car (she won't let me) so that's out. anything else is just about fair game. i just don't think it's safe that it can't get out of it's own way.
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

with my stock 93 auto gl coming down a local highway around 3 in the morning. this crappy lookin toyota pulls out in front of me and i wasnt going to let him get away with that so i was pacing him at 85 with a buddy of mine behind me. then i passed and my buddy got caught by a car and said he was doing 120 to catch me and it took him a while so the b3 is fairly good being stock wont compare to engine swap car but still respectable

Comment

hmmmm.... got pulled over doing 110 in 55. cop was like, "how did you do it" lol. Let me go there was absolutley no cars anywhere around and I guess just because if we went to court and i told judge its a festiva he would dismiss the case

Comment

I had mine 114mph.
                              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

gone

"Superduder may or may not be a racist ..." -Pu241

WoW it's just orwelltastic here isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X