Twin charged bp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koRnhead View Post
    Right quite the difference between a festiva and a lotus. Lol. Seriously this is a wet dream.
    Yeah, a Festiva can out handle an exige on less rubber. It's fun watching them spin off the track in your rearview because they tried taking a FWD early apex.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Right....cuz driver skill played zero part in that happening. Lol
      Regardless spending big money on making a festiva twin charged is a waste of money. Enjoy the gas milage, and the feel of driving a go kart on the road.

Comment

I always thought twin charging was just plain un-necessary without considering the costs or work involved, there's other less complicated but just as rewarding options out there

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
          I always thought twin charging was just plain un-necessary without considering the costs or work involved, there's other less complicated but just as rewarding options out there

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid
          Complicated is fun. I think the assembly of the setup should turn out to be the easy part. Tuning may prove difficult. Charlie got me thinking though. If the bp is prone to vibrating parts to death, and the b6t is a better option. Would the b3 be the best option?

Comment

Yes. Twin charge the b3.

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
              Complicated is fun. I think the assembly of the setup should turn out to be the easy part. Tuning may prove difficult. Charlie got me thinking though. If the bp is prone to vibrating parts to death, and the b6t is a better option. Would the b3 be the best option?
              No, because the B3 components are weak, and not up to the severe duty that this setup will place on it. B6t parts are easy to find (just get a cheap Miata 1.6 and go from there). H beam Rods and forged pistons are cheap for the b6t. It's pretty much like building a slightly smaller BP except without the cool girdle and forged crank. There are several bolt on superchargers for the b6t/ze/d and several turbo manifold options. Also, the b6t is already set up for a very effective air oil separator like what I made for Tweak. You're going to want a good separator with this type of system. You'll also want to run alcohol injection of some sort. You don't build these things for low boost.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Ketchup did an m90 on his bp
                -Greg
                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09
                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

This is a 350whp Supercharged BP miata. If things aren't loosening up, they are breaking or melting. lol. Notice all the foil to shield everything. Imagine stuffing a turbo in here too? and a Miata has more room in the bay than a Festy.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                    No, because the B3 components are weak, and not up to the severe duty that this setup will place on it. B6t parts are easy to find (just get a cheap Miata 1.6 and go from there). H beam Rods and forged pistons are cheap for the b6t. It's pretty much like building a slightly smaller BP except without the cool girdle and forged crank. There are several bolt on superchargers for the b6t/ze/d and several turbo manifold options. Also, the b6t is already set up for a very effective air oil separator like what I made for Tweak. You're going to want a good separator with this type of system. You'll also want to run alcohol injection of some sort. You don't build these things for low boost.
                    With the way gas prices are, I'd probably go with e85. Or maybe two stage fuel injection with premium and e85, then add in the methanol injection. Do you think 20 plus psi could be had with the b6st with a decent amount of reliability if tuned properly

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                      With the way gas prices are, I'd probably go with e85. Or maybe two stage fuel injection with premium and e85, then add in the methanol injection. Do you think 20 plus psi could be had with the b6st with a decent amount of reliability if tuned properly
                      Yes, if designed properly. You'd want a massive external waste gate and I would suggest a very long tube turbo header or a rear mounted turbo. if you mounted the engine extremely far forward you could put the turbo behind the engine. Use a centrifugal charger, and blow through the turbo.
                      E85 is fun, but my roommate is sick of his EVO10 on e85 because he has to stop for fuel almost every day. I like the way it makes the garage smell when he starts the car though.

Comment

Still don't try to use an m90. Or any roots type blower, will only be huge restriction.

Comment

Originally posted by koRnhead View Post
                          Still don't try to use an m90. Or any roots type blower, will only be huge restriction.
                          The m90 has a bypass valve inside of it. The goal is to open that up once the turbo boost is above said threshold. So then the sc is bypass and will be of minimal load. It's to create the perception of a larger displacement engine too spool the turbo faster. Instantly.
                          Last edited by bhearts; 01-09-2015, 09:41 AM.

Comment

if youre looking for power per dollar id say BP05 with an evo3 big 16G and mega squirt and profit. if youre looking for wow factor id say run a pair of small turbos like VJ11s or something similar. while not as efficient as a bigger single its not as detrimental as as compounding s/c with turbo and still has the wow factor. or if youre really wanting to waste money you can quad turbo it.
                            I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Dude you clearly don't get this. Using a roots blower on a twin charged setup is retarded. It is a huge restriction trying to blow a turbo past the rotors. I'm well aware there is a bypass, that just bleeds off what the m90 is making, doesn't fix the fact you have a huge restriction sitting on top of your freaking motor that you are trying to blow a turbo through. Clearly this job is beyond your engineering skills. Since you don't understand that for the turbo to feed boost into the motor you will have to try to push that air past your m90.

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
                                if youre looking for power per dollar id say BP05 with an evo3 big 16G and mega squirt and profit. if youre looking for wow factor id say run a pair of small turbos like VJ11s or something similar. while not as efficient as a bigger single its not as detrimental as as compounding s/c with turbo and still has the wow factor. or if youre really wanting to waste money you can quad turbo it.
                                For the life of me, could not figure out what that was a picture of.

Comment

Working...
                                X