No announcement yet.

B3-E Turbo/Supercharger Capabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In theory, you can use the bypass actuator controller to create a internal leak of sorts so you can regulate the pressure from the charger without worrying about pulley size.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
      In theory, you can use the bypass actuator controller to create a internal leak of sorts so you can regulate the pressure from the charger without worrying about pulley size.

Yeah, but I'd still put a larger pulley on it so I'd only make about 5-8psi of boost. I don't want a lot for now, just enough so I can get up a hill. As it sits, my 135,000mi Aspire barely makes it up any hill in 3rd

Comment

I'd like to practice splicing different pulleys together. As of right now, nobody underdrives superchargers, so finding bigger than stock pulleys is real impossible

Comment

Do b3s have serpentine belts?, none of mine have ac or ps so I've never seen what those get driven off of.

Comment

Aspire B3 has a ribbed flat belt. I'm using an Aspire alt on my B6-ME swap to have a flat belt instead of the v belt.
            Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
            91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Ribbed is better for pleasure.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Yeah, my aspire is ribbed. I have two different pulleys on the crank. I've had the motor out before and still thought it was v

Comment

I wish I could find a source for bigger supercharger pulleys for underdrive. Google doesn't have any answers. Anyone?

Comment

There was a company a while back that did pulley mods for the Mini Cooper. I cant remember the name though
                    Fast....Women are fast
                    Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

If you had a larger pulley, belt slip with our 4 rib belts wouldn't be such an issue

Comment

Originally posted by MiltonHavoc View Post
                        There was a company a while back that did pulley mods for the Mini Cooper. I cant remember the name though
                        Mini Mania, Craven Speed, Minisport2, MynesTune.......
                        No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                          I wish I could find a source for bigger supercharger pulleys for underdrive. Google doesn't have any answers. Anyone?

The shop that machines my blocks has a good source for custom rib belt pulleys, I'll inquire.
                          M45, M62, M90 right?
                          No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
                            The shop that machines my blocks has a good source for custom rib belt pulleys, I'll inquire.
                            M45, M62, M90 right?
                            Yeah, underdrive supercharger pulleys

Comment

If we're going to build this guy a supercharger kit, we'll need a better throttle body option, drawing through that baby b3 2 inch is bound to restrict a bit.

Comment

Oh yeah, there's definitely going to be a larger throttle body on it for sure. I mean, these are two dissimilar cars, but my 2006 Passat 2.0T has a relatively small throttle body, so who knows, we may be able to get away with it. As of now, I've got to focus on fixing some of the rust before the engine. I don't want my bumper to let loose or have my swing arm mounting points to go.
                                Sorry for the lack of communication everyone, but I was on vacation for a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X