Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap skate ebay $0.99 cent civic short shifter works GREAT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap skate ebay $0.99 cent civic short shifter works GREAT!

Hey guys, just took the festy for a spin with the new 99 cent cheap o civic shifter from ebay. (i cut my stock shifter down too much to fit a stupid shift boot.) so i needed somthing cheap and fast.

the ball is a lil bigger on the civic shifter, but it goes in fine, you just have to cut down the hold down spring ALOT, this was a lil bit of a pain to get back in, but the improvement was ridiculous!!!

the throws are so much shorter, and its not notchy really at all, it seems very very balanced, and takes like zero effort to shift, just a flick of the the wrist,..

some people have said that these cheap shifters will break, I can only see this happening if you really YANKED 2nd gear like an idiot with all your might, this is becuase 2nd and third only come down like a fraction of the stock throws.

all in all, my first impression just taking it for a spin up the street, highly recommended! Feels like a real performance vehicle now, not an old pickup truck. hah

post some installed pics please.....i'ld like to see where the shift knob ends up and how it looks in the car.

~Josh
    99 SVT "BLKOUT2" - # 1571 - PRT track whore
    98 SVT - PRT R&D car
    90 Festiva "BLKTIVA"

Comment

yeah i want to see pics too! do you have a link to the auction so we can see exactly what you are using?
      AIM= bobbo216

Comment

pics on the way, I converted my car from auto to 5-speed, My car is a GL, so It only had a auto console, that means no way to mount a shift boot, I used a ractive shift boot another 99 cent auction for a honda accord, this shiftboot has a chrome bezel and fits about 99% perfect over the festiva console hole.

The height feels perfect too, i cant belive how smooth it feels. I guess that the little bearing in the shifter makes a big difference, no more squeek either.

the shifter i got was just the cheapest 99 cent 88+ civic shifter, the auction said it was "billet" but its not, its just cast aluminum, but chrome plated.

Comment

heres a pic of the shifter and gated shift boot, the boot looks really foo foo in the picture becuase of the flash. but its pretty tastfull in person, goes well with the grey interior,.
          Works great if you have a automatic console and swap to a 5-speed becuase theres no real way to hold the boot in there.

What do you guys think?

Comment

Looks allright maybe a little too low for me, but then again it just might be the angle of the camera
            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Looks a whole lot better than the stock one.

Comment

I wondered if someone were to use the auto console if they could make it work for a 5 speed! The actual 5 speed full consoles seem to be tough to find.
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

I have the same console with my 5 speed , I am trying to find a boot that will fill the hole a little better than the stock boot .
                  The stock boot just falls thru the hole .

The blue Festiva at Michigan -FF06' with the white interior had a aftermarket boot that fit well with this same combo and it looked good !!
                  ------------------------------------------------
                  The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                  Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                  HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                  Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                  Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                  Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                  Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                  90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                  It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

ya the boot and gate setup i got on ebay, its a now discontinued ractive brand for a honda accord i belive.

Comment

The Capri boot and knob works well with a short shifter.

Comment

is this what you used?

90 L FI..second B3
                        90 L Parts car
                        Jay

Comment

yea that looks like it!

Comment

Just put up a bid on mine..... 49cents, $9 shipping

Edit: won and paid for $9.48 shipped
                            98 SVT - PRT R&D car
                            90 Festiva "BLKTIVA"

Comment

Just installed mine, OMG what a difference. Favorite mod thus far!

~Josh
                              98 SVT - PRT R&D car
                              90 Festiva "BLKTIVA"

Comment

Working...
                              X