Need input on Hydraulic clutch cable conversion kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
    I'm 99.9 if it's a 1997 Kia 5 speed it's the right one. There where very few 5 speeds. There is a number on the Trans I will get it for you. If you decide to go Kia you will need to swap diffs. It's a 26 spline however the sephia is the strongest.
    But then I'd need a diff also :-(

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

What would the diff come from. And how many spline is factory

Comment

You would need a 26spline. I bet you could find one on the cheap from club protégé or feoa. Or if you in there upgrade to the mfactory 26 spline.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
          You would need a 26spline. I bet you could find one on the cheap from club protégé or feoa. Or if you in there upgrade to the mfactory 26 spline.
          Hb a Mazda 323 5 speed. Was that a bp engine?

Comment

I vote for a complete kit - adapters and cable, instruction sheet. Saves all kinds of hassles - open the box and there it all is. The difference from slightly less than a $100 to something up to $150 for a complete kit is not enough money to worry about. You'll spend more than that for anti-headache medicine while your making up the cable.

If the axles need to be different from stock Festiva/Aspire, you might want to list which ones to buy/use with this transmission so that it can hook up to the big automatic Aspire knuckles/hubs.

Comment

I got the spacers cut out last night and I'm prepping the plates for Welding and painting. I'm hoping to have all the plates welded up this weekend and I'm waiting on a festiva cable so I can make the cable how to. Is there anyone who has a hydro swap that would like to do some final testing and fitment for me? As for axles you can use Capri xr2 axles but you will need to find the xr2 intermidiate shady which is also getting harder to find. Or you could do the 2 piece axles using the Kia Rio axles which are redily avilable. I'm not sure on Rio years but maybe someone can chime in on.

Comment

I may be down for one of these once I get the kl g25 out and compare it to my bp g25.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                Tim
                '97 Aspire ST, UltraViolet Blue, 37k miles - New Storage Queen
                '03 SVT Lightning, Dark Shadow Gray, 30k miles - Storage Queen 11 months/year
                '95 SVT Aspire B3T, Green Mica, 75k miles - DD
                '01 ZX-500R, Violet Pearl/Gray, 5400 miles - Storage Queen
                '89 Suzuki FA50 Bright Red - Lake Transportation

Cardomain.com/id/aspiresvt

Previous Vehicles
                '92 Festiva L "Sport" Green Mica
                '92 Festiva GL Blue Pearl
                '92 Capri XR2 Performance Red

Comment

Working...
                X