No announcement yet.

Pistons and Compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be surface indicators. Little recessed dots. Maybe not all heads have them?

Sent from my s-off'ed m7 with CM11
    Last edited by jason_; 03-18-2016, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Yes, there are indents on the deck surface of the head that indicate maximum milling. It's somewhere around .040
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Max to who's standards? I go until I cut into water jackets. I'm running daily on 065 removed... And yes, dots disappear around 040.

Just need to run an adjustable cam sprocket.

Edit, adjustable in a single cam, dual might not need it, I had issues of the head going so far down cam walked the belt and I couldn't get precise timing like I wanted.

Last edited by jason_; 03-22-2016, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_ View Post
          Max to who's standards? I go until I cut into water jackets. I'm running daily on 065 removed... And yes, dots disappear around 040.

Just need to run an adjustable cam sprocket.

Edit, adjustable in a single cam, dual might not need it, I had issues of the head going so far down cam walked the belt and I couldn't get precise timing like I wanted.

Sounds like max to the capability of the machine max.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Max ideal via the manufacturer... I'm thinking that if you require more compression past those limits, it's time to swap pistons...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
              Max ideal via the manufacturer... I'm thinking that if you require more compression past those limits, it's time to swap pistons...
              I'm thinking about taking my b6d head down .035 or so. I'll be running e85 with tons of water and methanol. Interested in off boost economy. Any idea how much until the valve deshrowd?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Haven't personally worked a b6d yet... I'd point you in the direction of another member, but he quit a couple years ago.

Comment

Can't you shave, dry assemble, check with clay, crunch some math with gasket crush, repeat until you're scared enough is enough?

Sbi sells oops shims worse case scenario....

Last edited by jason_; 03-30-2016, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X