1.6 build help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6 build help please!

I now have 2 1.6L motors. One is from a capri xr2 one is from a GTX. The capri motor is complete and i pulled it from a running car. The GTX motor is not complete. It has the heads the block and all internals. It has has the intake manifold. Along with the GTX motor i bought a used vj11 to pair with my vj14 (hybrid).

The 1st build will be to get the 1.6 in the festiva and get it going with the rocket chip ecu and water meth! 7200rpm redline. The car is a daily driver (i have backups) and autocross.

The second build will come once i have all my parts and have gotten used to the power in the festiva. I am hoping to start the 2nd build towards the end of the year.

SO the only real part of the 2nd build i know is that i want to run the GT2554R turbo. I want to keep the spool time as fast as i can but make as much power as i can get. I will have some extra cash to spend but i dont want to go broke on one single component!!! I will still run the water meth on the 2nd build- might add in some fail safes tho.

What is needed to run the GT2554R to or close to its max? Max budget for this step is around the $3,000 clearly i want to stay as low as i can and still have a fun safe ride but i could spend the coin!

I will have a new exhaust manifold made.
    Plan to run a Mega Squirt system
    Will have the GTX manifold (could i port it to match the heads and it work) or should i get something built up for me?
    Last edited by mikemounlio; 04-08-2016, 05:23 PM.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
    I now have 2 1.6L motors. One is from a capri xr2 one is from a GTX. The capri motor is complete and i pulled it from a running car. The GTX motor is not complete. It has the heads the block and all internals. It has has the intake manifold. Along with the GTX motor i bought a used vj11 to pair with my vj14 (hybrid).

The 1st build will be to get the 1.6 in the festiva and get it going with the rocket chip ecu and water meth! 7200rpm redline. The car is a daily driver (i have backups) and autocross.

The second build will come once i have all my parts and have gotten used to the power in the festiva. I am hoping to start the 2nd build towards the end of the year.

SO the only real part of the 2nd build i know is that i want to run the GT2554R turbo. I want to keep the spool time as fast as i can but make as much power as i can get. I will have some extra cash to spend but i dont want to go broke on one single component!!! I will still run the water meth on the 2nd build- might add in some fail safes tho.

What is needed to run the GT2554R to or close to its max? Max budget for this step is around the $3,000 clearly i want to stay as low as i can and still have a fun safe ride but i could spend the coin!

I will have a new exhaust manifold made.
    Plan to run a Mega Squirt system
    Will have the GTX manifold (could i port it to match the heads and it work) or should i get something built up for me?
    Intercooling and a nice long tube turbo header.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

A ati crank damper. A miata intake manifold runner. Maybe a .1g rotating assembly balance.

Comment

Do you have the map for the turbo?
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

No turbo map!
          1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
          1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
          1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
          19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
            No turbo map!
            That's seriously about the perfect sized turbo though. I like your pick.

Comment

Says that turbO is good for 240hp. Which is about Subaru 13t sized. And ball bearings too?

Comment

I think I've seen Charlie recommend it in more than one post
                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I have one of those. Ran it on my saab till the motor went and decided to upgrade. Going to put it on my built b6t if I ever finish it. Charlie said it'd be really good in a b6t.
                  Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

gt25rcompress.gif

Comment

according to this map i found for the gt25r turbo, it looks like 15psi would sit right in the sweet spot for not alot of anything. my boost goals are going to be around 25 when all said and done, maybe check out the gt28 sizes.

Comment

gt28rscompress.jpg

Comment

this is the gt28r map. that looks really healthy size islands.

Comment

You might be better off with the gt2560r
                            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Standard GT2560R (aka GT28R) . i simply do not understand the numbers when it comes to turbo sizes. that was from atpturbo website. Garrett GT2860RS (aka GT28RS)

Comment

Working...
                              X