No announcement yet.

1.6 build help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2560 is a good turbo too, but won't spool as fast and not necessary for autocross. It's better suited to long pulls. The little 2554R will spool faster than the vj14, and offer more top end than the VJ turbos. The secret to getting this to work is best will be your intake and exhaust manifolds and cam profiles. The B6t has a really crappy intake manifold, and very conservative cam profiles. The miata manifold is much better, but the miata cams are nearly identical to the b6t cams.
    In order to really build a properly tuned b6t for a festiva look at some of the things that Hot_wheels has done with his. His turbo is a bit too big for autocross though, so stick with the 2554 for parking lot racing.
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-10-2016, 05:04 PM.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
      2560 is a good turbo too, but won't spool as fast and not necessary for autocross. It's better suited to long pulls. The little 2554R will spool faster than the vj14, and offer more top end than the VJ turbos. The secret to getting this to work is best will be your intake and exhaust manifolds and cam profiles. The B6t has a really crappy intake manifold, and very conservative cam profiles. The miata manifold is much better, but the miata cams are nearly identical to the b6t cams.
      In order to really build a properly tuned b6t for a festiva look at some of the things that Hot_wheels has done with his. His turbo is a bit too big for autocross though, so stick with the 2554 for parking lot racing.
      What can you do for cams to really liven them up. I've seen some http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/KEL-T203-C advertising for a gt28 or larger turbo. I wonder what turbo size has to do with cam profiles

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      Last edited by bhearts; 04-10-2016, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Maybe this will help explain the terms and sizing.

Jerry
        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
          Maybe this will help explain the terms and sizing.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...housing_sizing
          A/R ratios seem easy enough to understand.

Comment

Check this out. 6 thousand mile oem focus st turbo. Integrated bov, internal wastegate. Would need modifications done for exhaust inlet. This is for a 2l engine and makes max 290 hp http://r.ebay.com/qx3FFt

Last edited by bhearts; 04-11-2016, 12:04 AM.

Comment

I found that when trying to understand turbos for my turbo car.
              Jerry
              Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
              93 L Lightning. BP

Comment

those focus st turbos are going to sell like hotcakes because tons of folks want upgrades, but that flange is vehicle specific, or at least ford specific. chopping and welding v band or something similiar would be very easy mod to do.

Comment

Mine is a t3 flange. It's also on a BP.
                  Last edited by Team Lightning; 04-11-2016, 12:37 AM.
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Comment

Im gonna stick to the gt2554R. After all the talking to others i have done i think the 54 will provide plenty of power (I HAVE A S1000RR FOR MY SPEED NEEDS). I want the car fun to drive and feel fast all the time. I dont want a turd then the turbo kicks in and boom a spin fest. I will mod the motor to handle the 54 as best as it can tho. I will get a custom exhaust manifold built. I will have a custom intake manifold built (or something). Will have some tunning program. Ill get the car running and then take it to a shop to get it safely setup. I might take it up to dickmyer!

The main focus is to run autocross events. The car will be plenty fast enough on the street. Sure a big turbo and killer straignt line speeds would be nice but i think pulling with 600cc bikes will be more then plenty for this car.
                    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

according to this picture the st turbo has a ball bearing cartridge. How nice. I think that's what I'm going to choose for my build.

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                        Check this out. 6 thousand mile oem focus st turbo. Integrated bov, internal wastegate. Would need modifications done for exhaust inlet. This is for a 2l engine and makes max 290 hp http://r.ebay.com/qx3FFt

I wounder about this? Much cheaper then my gt2554r!
                        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                          I wounder about this? Much cheaper then my gt2554r!
                          That's what I thought. And they come with water and oil fittings. At least some of them do.

Comment

Then you could get a license plate that says feSTiva

Comment

I am really looing into this now. Would be a ton cheaper then the gt turbo.

I wounder how the 1.6 will spool it? Im wanting quich spool time.
                              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I kinda think the 54 still sounds best. The 1.6 i a rather small motor!
                                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X