1.6 build help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
    I kinda think the 54 still sounds best. The 1.6 i a rather small motor!
    There's always the option of a fiesta st turbo. Which is a 230hp turbO from a 1.6l engine

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Now that sounds like fun there. Seems like it would be the one.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I am letting a festiva go and will then have about 1500$ to redo the turbo setup on my festiva. I will keep all the stuff thats there now so when i finish my build i can take this car back to how it is now. So my plan as of now is

microtech ecu (not the best i know) but it was a good deal and came with all the wires to hook up to a b6t so im all set! Plus i sold my rocket chip making this ecu upgrade 75$ Hard to beat that!
        twisted motion t25/t28 hybrid turbo
        custom made log manifold from BP Specialty on facebook
        will have BP Specialty remote tune it as well.
        honda radiator and fan
        will then do the core support mod.

any thoughts for me?
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I just saw that pic. Do I see the exhaust manifold cast as part of the head? Does that seem stupid to anyone else?

Sorry for thread-jack.
          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
            I just saw that pic. Do I see the exhaust manifold cast as part of the head? Does that seem stupid to anyone else?

Sorry for thread-jack.
            The focus st is single exhaust port from the head. But I think the fiesta is a manifold.

Comment

lol so no silver festiva anymore?
              Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                The focus st is single exhaust port from the head. But I think the fiesta is a manifold.

Yeah, wow. That just screams "throw-away-engine" to me. Like the MZR 2.3 and I assume the 2.5 is the same. I HATE new cars. lol
                Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by Fecomatter View Post
                  lol so no silver festiva anymore?
                  The silver one will be sold! I have britstiva 1.0 which is a now rust free shell (repaired) and now i have lucifer.

The silver car had more rust then i thought at 1st. I will keep lucifer and build britstiva and sell the silver one.

leaving me with 2 b6t festiva's Once im happy with britstiva i might sell lucifer. Not sure on that yet as i own lucifer already so why sell it?
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                    Yeah, wow. That just screams "throw-away-engine" to me. Like the MZR 2.3 and I assume the 2.5 is the same. I HATE new cars. lol
                    Manifold in head design has alot to do with efficiency. Keeping more heat in the head and having less volume before the turbo helps with warm up. Along with not worrying about cracking exhaust manifolds because water cooled. The eco boost mustang is the same design

Last edited by bhearts; 05-09-2016, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X