No announcement yet.

Radiators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were a frugal man, I would consider a radiator from a focus. Short and wide, and should have plenty of volume for pretty much anything you're looking to do. If I were a rich man I would definitely buy this:

http://www.rywire.com/product-p/radiator-custom.htm

which I believe is the same one used in this:

http://www.engineswapdepot.com/?p=9615

Comment

Those are pretty fancy

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Very fancy, I just like to sit back and imagine all -AN waterlines for a while. No hose clamps at all, anywhere. Who wouldn't want to live in that reality.

Comment

What about the twin core stock automatic radiators?

Also, I wonder, if you are running an auto radiator in a manual car, would there be any benefit to using the transmission cooler lines to feed engine oil through the radiator.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

The trans cooler in the rad isn't rated for oil pressure.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
              The trans cooler in the rad isn't rated for oil pressure.
              Isnt the transmission pressure way higher than the engine oil pressure?

Comment

No, the trans cooler sees fluid AFTER it's been through the trans and before it goes back to the pan, do there's not much pressure to speak of. An oil cooler sees fluid right after the pump and before it hits the engine. There's no way to capture it after it hits the bearing surfaces.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                X