No announcement yet.

Turbo with factory manifold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just have Bhearts build you one, though. My setup was a terrible hackjob. Perfectly functional and that car was a blast...but it was super ghetto.

Comment

DSC00235.jpgDSC00234.jpgDSC00236.jpgDSC00233.jpg

Comment

God I love that aspire so much.
        Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

I should have held onto it and fixed the issues with the setup when money allowed. But it was just one thing after another. Head gasket, then the clutch...then I couldn't keep it from knocking from how much I shaved the head doing the gasket (I took .050 off to go crazy with the compression, lol) and it started smoking before too long...and the stage 2 or whatever it was clutch I put in it wasn't holding the power either anyway.
          Last edited by ZephTheChef; 04-28-2016, 08:30 PM.

Comment

We both messed up on that car. I had surgery and was in a bind, had to scrap the car. A lot of good stuff went with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skrapbob View Post
              We both messed up on that car. I had surgery and was in a bind, had to scrap the car. A lot of good stuff went with it.
              Yeah, I've had a run of bad luck with my projects too. I was sorry to hear about the damage to your car as well. You know I've got that hacked up Festiva I had started messing around with putting that engine in the rear if you need a fender to get painted or whatever other stuff from that car you can just have it. If I ever get to doing the twin engine thing to that car I'll be basically custom-building the whole front end anyway, lord knows I don't care what it looks like.

Comment

bhearts how much for a manifold? It's for an Aspire

Comment

Originally posted by ZephTheChef View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]19556[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19557[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19558[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19559[/ATTACH]
                  what did you do for fuel? bigger injectors?

Comment

Originally posted by TurboAspire View Post
                    what did you do for fuel? bigger injectors?
                    It was a MAF car so I am assuming it did a decent amount of fuel correction on its own. But yeah, bigger injectors to run E85...I think they were out of a stratus or something. They were too small for E85 so I ended up running really high base fuel pressure. 255lph pump in the tank plus an inline booster pump so it would be capable of running the really high pressures up top when the boost was spiking. My wastegate was welded shut so the turbo was all-out all the time...the throttle was my boost controller, lol. I believe it was probably making 130-140 horsepower, but could have been as much as 175 based on the turbo flow rating. I don't think it would actually hit that kind of number without good intercooling and having a tune really dialed in.

Comment

bhearts how much for a manifold? It's for an Aspire
                      Depends how complicated you want it. I'm willing to make a ram horn styled manifold. With schedule 10 stainless.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                        Depends how complicated you want it. I'm willing to make a ram horn styled manifold. With schedule 10 stainless.

For $7,526. Lol. Log manifold for the win!

Comment

Or I can make a log manifold for you. But I really want to make a uel turbo manifold so it sounds like a Subaru

Comment

We're talking anywhere from 150 to 300 dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post

I want the most budget hack ass manifold as long as it fits

Comment

I want the most budget hack ass manifold as long as it fits
                                Sounds like you should use your aspire manifold with a custom flange that matches your turbo. You could have a local welder weld it on there for 50 dollars or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X