boost creep help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
    Honestly the rhb5 turbos have good to them. They are easy to hybrid, cheaper than the real Garrets and the packaging and bolt up is still desireable and cost effective. Not everyone has the ability to put other than a IHI on these motors. Easier yet is to have the vj turbine housings machined to accept a Garret. Now you have the best of both worlds..a bolt on ball bearing turbo for the b6t and the bpt.
    to accept a garret sounds nice to me! Please share more if you can!

lets say you have a 1300$ budjet. you want good power as it will be a daily but you will also be doing autox- GO!
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

You are close there at the 1300. A machined housing around 300 and the gt28r at around a grand. Now you have no need for manifolds or custom downpipes...just an oil line with a restrictor. Use the bp26 turbine elbow for better flow..only a pipe flange change for that.And..you can still have a/c if you so desire.

Comment

You are close there at the 1300. A machined housing around 300 and the gt28r at around a grand. Now you have no need for manifolds or custom downpipes...just an oil line with a restrictor. Use the bp26 turbine elbow for better flow..only a pipe flange change for that.And..you can still have a/c if you so desire.
        No A/C here. And i have a machine shop thats local that is very good and super cheap. If its an easy job i could do it at work myself tho.

How would i get the specs for the housing machine work?

How would the turbo be set up? (sorry new to turbo stuff) -Just use the vj14 hot side and then use all gt28r for the charge stuff?!

&

What would that do as far as spool time/hp numbers?

It sounds like i could go this route without a problem!
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Doesn't get you away from the cracked manifold .
          New build on the way .

Comment

So i think sticking to the twisted motion turbo is best for my price range then! That way i get a new mani, turbo, and tune.

Who wants to make me a log manifold under 400$?
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

You can still buy new manifolds for less than a custom piece.

Comment

Twisted turbos are still Chinese units I will almost bet.

Comment

Twisted turbos are still Chinese units I will almost bet.
                  Very well could be! At 305$ tho i might just give it a shot. Could always upgrade later on.
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Go for it. There is not much input out there on TM turbos either way with any firm accounts. Me personally looks at it as a waste of 350.00 if I am going to change it in the near future..due to failure or whatever...could even take the motor out. Some things don't need to be basement price shopped. Let us know how it works out for you. Later I will post up pics of the ihi/garret hybrid..ala Cork Sport.

Comment

Go for it. There is not much input out there on TM turbos either way with any firm accounts. Me personally looks at it as a waste of 350.00 if I am going to change it in the near future..due to failure or whatever...could even take the motor out. Some things don't need to be basement price shopped. Let us know how it works out for you. Later I will post up pics of the ihi/garret hybrid..ala Cork Sport.
                      I would still like to hear about the ihi garret combo! I can always have a new manifold made up and still run the hybrid turbo. Im trying to keep my budget down but it can be what i want it to be! Im still in the idea stage. I didnt think i would be here already but im hungry for more already!!!
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Yep it is sickness.

Comment

No sense in making a manifold with an IHI flange.

Comment

No sense in making a manifold with an IHI flange.
                            The stockies like to crack!

Can you tell me about the spool/hp levels? This idea sounds good. How is it vs say just a gt2554r
                            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

If you have a new manifold, get ceramic coated, you will not be worrying about cracks. I did that on my GTX' s and have been driving the one since 03 and still nice. I have seen Capri's with 60 k on them with no cracks. Yes it is a poor design but I like OEM packaging.

Comment

BB Garret will have no lag and the 2554 will push more power than you can put to the ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X