No announcement yet.

boost creep help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie needs to chime in here..right up his alley.

Comment

Dickmeyer made a replacement b6t tubular manifold with interchangeable turbo flanges once. Maybe hit him up.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Here is the Garret 2560R

Fitted in the machined IHI turbine housing with ported gate

Machined housing. This is a VJ20 R15 housing ..VJ14 R12 will look the same

Compare to the VJ14

And here are the VF10 and the Tbird compressors that are bolt on hybrids. If you are staying with a journal bearing turbo these are less expensive alternatives

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
          So i think sticking to the twisted motion turbo is best for my price range then! That way i get a new mani, turbo, and tune.

Who wants to make me a log manifold under 400$?
          With a t2 flange. Sure. 300

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

There's still always the focus st option. It's a knarly turbo for the price

Comment

When I get my engine together and start on fabricating my tubular header that will place the turbo behind the engine, I'm going to fit the st turbo on a short ram, or a log just so I can have a manifold to sell someone.

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                There's still always the focus st option. It's a knarly turbo for the price

i dont know anything about it
                1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

so with the new mbc on and all tight and facing the right way it did little to keep the boost down. Until i made it all the way lose. It can hold it at 10psi or just let it go wild. Looks like 10psi it is for now!

Still gonna swap turbos tho. I want more power safer.
                  1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                  1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                    so with the new mbc on and all tight and facing the right way it did little to keep the boost down. Until i made it all the way lose. It can hold it at 10psi or just let it go wild. Looks like 10psi it is for now!

Still gonna swap turbos tho. I want more power safer.
                    It's like boost creep, but it's more like compressor wheel run away. You'll get to a certain boost level that is right at the max for wastegate flow, and that's when you'll see the problems. What was factory b6t boost levels.

Comment

Like 7 ish. I'm gonna try to fine tune it a tad more. But it's good and safe for now.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

OEM waste gate is set for 8.5 psi and the over boost/fuel cut comes in at 11 psi if you have not disabled it.

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                          OEM waste gate is set for 8.5 psi and the over boost/fuel cut comes in at 11 psi if you have not disabled it.
                          And guys want to run them at 16+. No wonder they over boost. Poor little peanut sized wastegate hole.

Comment

I used to run them at 16 on the OEM turbines with no issues. Sure on a cold morning or evening it would hit the fuel cut but never ran away to 20 + psi. The problem with the vj14 is after 12 psi it just blows hot air. The 14/11 hybrids fixed that. Then all of the other upgrades need to fall in place. Even with open exhaust I never had to deal with the issues Mike is having...but I started from a stock baseline and went from there. He is picking up after someone else has done stuff. Sounds like he has it fixed.

Comment

Im gonna try a few different srpings this weekend to try and get it to hold 14-16. My wife is driving the car as of now so i dont get time to play with it much.
                              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Get a good external you will love it.
                                1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
                                X