Alternator Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbibb1 View Post
    How many watts are you running that you have a 200 amp draw? and how many amplifiers? And we both know, if you're having an annual union hearing test - there is no perfect hearing, they are only comparing them to last years hearing test. If we had perfect hearing, they wouldn't be paying for a hearing test

The test is a hit/miss test here

It adds up the things you miss and the ones you get right.
    Then spits out a result.

When you hit every single note played without a miss or error that is considered perfect
    There were only 2 of us in the whole local that tested perfect. That's why they pay for a hearing test.

One amp draws 120 amps, the other draws 80 amps, (1600w mono + 1200 watt 4 channel)

It's all in my threads on ff & fa.com
    You don't remember me?
    Last edited by rmoltis; 03-21-2017, 03:53 PM.
    Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

You get paid to play guitar hero at work?
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
        You get paid to play guitar hero at work?
        Lol the physicals are paid for. But we don't get paid going to them.
        They do blood panel testing,hearing, vision (20/20), lung capacity, chest x rays, doctor evaluation (physical), respirator fit tests, safety certifications, free lunch and donuts
        Last edited by rmoltis; 03-21-2017, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoltis View Post
          The test is a hit/miss test here

It adds up the things you miss and the ones you get right.
          Then spits out a result.

When you hit every single note played without a miss or error that is considered perfect
          There were only 2 of us in the whole local that tested perfect. That's why they pay for a hearing test.

One amp draws 120 amps, the other draws 80 amps, (1600w mono + 1200 watt 4 channel)

It's all in my threads on ff & fa.com
          You don't remember me?

Here is the frequency response chart of my system.
          20170321_174616.jpg

Comment

That cabin gain must be rough...

BTW, those amps even at louder volume levels are never even close to their rated output, so there should be no real need for a second alt. Maybe an upgraded one if there isn't a capacitor in line...

I'm basing this off an average 88dB response at one Watt at 110dB, you should be around 130 watts.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
              That cabin gain must be rough...

BTW, those amps even at louder volume levels are never even close to their rated output, so there should be no real need for a second alt. Maybe an upgraded one if there isn't a capacitor in line...

I'm basing this off an average 88dB response at one Watt at 110dB, you should be around 130 watts.

Cabin gain should not be rough.
              my amps don't need gain anything over 1/4 turn from 0
              My deck has high voltage line outs rated at 4volts

(All 4 Door speakers) sensitivity 89db, rms 100w, peak 400watts
              The two 10" subs 89db sensitivity, 350 watt rms , 1400watt peak

Comment

It's nice to be back on the forum. I missed all you guys :-)

Comment

That was in response to your spectrograph. The spikes in the sub 400Hz range is what I'm looking at. I also noticed a drop off above 15k.

Anywho, withe the speaker specs you've given, maths say that at 1 watt output for each speaker driven, you should average ~97dB system output. Extrapolating from that, your amps would only be putting out 128wpc @ 118dB which is very loud, and not even close to taxing your amps or stock alternator.
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                    That was in response to your spectrograph. The spikes in the sub 400Hz range is what I'm looking at. I also noticed a drop off above 15k.

Anywho, withe the speaker specs you've given, maths say that at 1 watt output for each speaker driven, you should average ~97dB system output. Extrapolating from that, your amps would only be putting out 128wpc @ 118dB which is very loud, and not even close to taxing your amps or stock alternator.

Part of that in the sub 400 range is because of 3 reasons.

When using the imprint software it has you set the sub amp to full range.
                    So that when it reads the in car frequency response it sees what each speaker is capable of.
                    Then it sets the crossover points where it wants them. .

So the before graph was showing the speakers capability to produce sounds at different ranges .

It then uses that raw response and reigns it in.

The other reason is because of the ported box creating those peaks.

I need to build my sealed box to spec someday.
                    Always something to be done.

Here are the response graphs of spec boxes sealed, vented, and bandpass for this sub.
                    You can see by the vented graph the similar peak in those areas

and the 3rd answer is because the door speakers have strong mid and high bass
                    So they add to the total In that area. The door mid woofers have their own punch to them
                    The dynamatt made the front doors like a box.
                    And the way the rear speakers were mounted. They have their own response built into those pockets from the factory paneling.
                    leftrearspeakermounted02.jpgleftrearspeakermounted01.jpg
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by rmoltis; 03-21-2017, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X