Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much power can you get out of a 1.3

Hi all,
    I've recently lost my first festiva (aspire) to someone rear ending her however, just picked up another one. 1997 trio.
    As a result of the crash, i was left with 4 near new tyres/brakes/suspension as a set. So i have gone and swapped all the good gear in and will be running it stock while I build myself a turbo 1.3 with the other motor and gearbox.

I'm a machinist by trade, so all the modifications will be made by me to save money (and get the i built it myself smile ).
    I will be using a td04 equivalent turbo, and a water to air intercooler, copper head gasket, bigger injectors (300cc ) bigger in tank fuel pump, I'll be customizing the standard pistons for lower compression so i can run more boost, and I'll be balancing all of the con rods and getting the crank professionally balanced.
    The gearbox will eventually get rebuilt with a straight cut gear set and a reinforced diff to handle the power. Plus clutch upgrade of course.
    But as the tutle suggests, I'mnot sure how power i can get out of the little engine.
    Who else has undergone the 1.3t build and with what results?
    Keen to hear ANY input or advice on this one.

Cheers, beazo

Your better off putting a DOHC mazda engine in the car and turbocharging that. The b3 internals are much weaker than the b6d, b6t or the BP.
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 05-22-2016, 09:42 PM.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Hi advanced,
      Just realised I've doubled my post up.
      So apologies for that. Perhaps mods could delete one for me.
      I'm well aware of the benefits of a bp/b6 swaps, however, i dont have either of these available to me at a cost that i feel will suit my goals.

Also, every man and his dog has a b6/bp in their festy/aspire.
      I am keen on the b3 for this reason. Also, if i were to do a swap, it would be bigger than the b series could offer. (That would be at a much later date also)
      However, thank you for your input.

Beazo

Comment

Working...
      X