What to expect from t25/t28 hybrid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to expect from t25/t28 hybrid?

So i m going from the vj14 to a t25/t28 hybrid turbo. From what i can tell the new turbo is the same style as far as bearing goes. info on the turbo is

T25 T28 240SX S13 SR20 Turbocharger

REAL PICS OF ACTUAL ITEM!!!!

TESTED ON OUR DRIFT CARS

DIRECT BOLT ON NO MODS NEEDED

T25 FRONT WITH A T28 REAR WHEEL MAKES FOR THE ULTIMATE HYBRID!

Exhaust (Turbo Manifold) Flange Standard T25/T28 Flange

Exhaust (Downpipe) Flange Stand 5 bolt

Cooling Type Water + Oil

Wastegate Internal Wastegate (set to 8psi)

UP TO : 360HP.

Compressor Trim Inducer Diamter Exducer Diamter A/R

55 44.6 mm 60 mm 0.5

Turbine Trim Inducer Diamter Exducer Diamter A/R

76 53 mm 46.2 mm 0.86

What can i expect out of this turbo on the 1.6l? I know its a big question with a ton of things to consider but - how do you think it will act vs the vj14 im taking off? I was pushed to this turbo from another guy and he seems to know his stuff. Really tho im taking a chance and just hoping for the best. If it sucks that sucks but its not the end of the world!!! Anyway please give me your thoughts on how the turbo might do.

ps. im going with 610cc injectors. stock motor aiming for around 250hp.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Slow spool. It won't come on till over 4k rpm, which is poorly matched to the factory b6t intake manifold and camshaft tune. It's going to be peaky and difficult to drive. Also, the efficiency envelope is not well matched to the tune of your fuel injection. Your most likely going to have flat spots in the TQ curve from poor tuning.
    It will feel fast, but actually be slower than stock b6t on a track due to the inconsistent TQ curve and poor tune. 250hp will require a different intake manifold and a proper tune.

It should fix your boost creep issue though.
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 06-01-2016, 01:44 PM.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

You'd be much better off with a Garrett gt1752 like the one here (top right, next to the vj14). It's a much more efficient charger than the RHB5 vj14, but still performs close enough to the stock window where it won't require a drastically different tuning strategy. The waste gate is huge on this little turbo and flows very well. It'll support 220hp depending on the tune and exhaust manifold. The best part is that they can be had for dirt cheap. They are stock on Saab 93 and 95 cars from the late 90s.
      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 06-01-2016, 01:55 PM.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

The tune will be done by BP specialty. I cant tune!

They actually told me about the saab 93 turbo said it would be ok.

I already have the turbo so ill stick it on and hope they can tune it worth a damn. If not i might keep it for the other car. Just make the other car a high HP build.

time will tell now!
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

So im not upset on my choice at all! When i got Lucifer it had major overboost and cut issues. It would pull crazy hard for a split second then cut out. Once i got it under control i could get it to pull decent but it felt like crap until 15psi. Actually felt like a bad tune until that point. At 13 nothing then at 15 was like a light switch to max power. So if my new turbo can give me smooth power even if its not till 4krpm i would be happy. I hope the tuner can play with it just to make it smooth and not cut out on me.

When i got Lucifer i could not hit 7k rpm due to cut out. Then i could hit it but had to dance on the gass.

Im working towards my goal even if i dont get it 1st try im happy just to play.
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Supporting mods first.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Car has a 255 Walbro (whatever its called) fuel pump. 610cc injectors on order. Stock Trans but has spec stage 2 clutch. Plus I have a g series in the garage.

What other mods do I need or should have
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Your swapping out your XR2 ECU for the the EVO ECU?
                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 06-01-2016, 06:15 PM.

Comment

i have a microtech ecu
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

How are you going to fire the motor..Cas, BP hall effect disty, cop's, plugs??

Comment

I still don't think you should refer to your turbo by it's exhaust flange. It's very vague.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                        How are you going to fire the motor..Cas, BP hall effect disty, cop's, plugs??
                        I was planing on using the stock components.
                        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

B6t distributor or vaf very well might not work with the microtech. Check on that.

Comment

Hey Mike, what are you doing for the turbine outlet? I don't believe those Twisted units come with one.

Comment

I think my vj14 outlet will work! i think its a normal 5 bolt style. have not got that far! even tho $$$ been spent.

I think if my vj14 unit wont work ill get a 5bolt to 3" v band adapter.

unless you have some idea that might work out for me.

Wanting to go back to my fender exit style exhaust
                              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X