Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help

Would I be able to swap a aspire 1.3l into my 93 festiva with no problem

Short answer: yes. Only use the short block with head, the rest must be swapped from the festy.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Yes, you just need to swap intake and exhaust manifolds, and the Disty. not sure if there's anything esle. and it does matter I'm thinking if its out of a 96-97 Aspire which are OBD2. 94-95 are OBD1 just like a Festiva.

Festyboy was a little faster
      Last edited by Team Lightning; 06-09-2016, 10:31 PM.
      Jerry
      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Yes, but all aspire dizzys are not compatible with Festivas.
        You'll also want to swap the crank and water pump pulleys as the Festiva uses a V belt where the aspire uses a 4 rib serp belt
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

you don't need to switch exhaust mani if you don't want to. I've Been running with aspire mani and downpipe for years now
          Last edited by joeboomer999; 06-10-2016, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Well I have to replace the motor mainly bc the one that's in it rn has extreme compression loss in on of the cylinders. And its only running off of 3 cylinders so I'm trying to just find the easiest fix for it

Comment

Working...
            X