No announcement yet.

Power Commender III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^what William said. An FMU will work or you can use a BPT ECM. They are fairly common and have come down in price since people started using megasquirt or the new option from BP specialties. Still plenty of potential to rip the treads off your blizzaks though, lol.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
      You said you have a adapter plate for the bp to g series? It's bolt up no plate needed.
      As for low boost 12.1 fmu.
      I don't have much knowledge with boosted engines but someone can help here I'm sure.
      Oh sorry it's for the xr2 intermediate shaft it's not as long as the protege shaft

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
      Festiver
      93 L find/5 speed
      BP/g15mr swapped
      Aspire brake swapped
      Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
      stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
      rustful
      maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
      advanced suspension
      kai/skeeter camber
      b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
        In order to have a happy and reliable B series engine that is regularly pushed over 8k, you'll need to do a lot more than lighten and balance a few things. These engines aren't designed for that. They are harmonically unstable above 6500rpm. An ATI damper does wonders and there are a few internal tricks that we have had luck with.
        You definitely don't want to build a high rpm BP. They are a great mid range engine, but running them past 7200 is a recipe for trouble.
        The zl-de (jdm 1.5 dohc) is a better choice from what I can tell. I've got one that I need to tear into in order to see what I'm working with. It's got the same bore as the b6, but a shorter stroke. This is a step in the right direction for stability at higher revs.
        As far as I know, you can't just wire a power commander into anything, it doesn't work like that. It's a device that piggybacks the factory ECU and fools it into being tunable. It is specific to the ecu it was meant for. I don't know if there is enough tunability with a power commander to tune a 600 system to run an 1800 engine with a drastically different TQ curve. I'm not going to tell you that it's impossible (I've seen crazier things happen) but it's very far fetched.
        If you have a BP and a g15mr already then put it in and enjoy it stock. You'll have a blast. Put a simple turbo on it and make 220hp and enjoy having a better power to weight ratio than almost every car on the road while still being able to carry lots of crap in the back and park in any spot you find.
        A wide TQ curve with extremely high Rev limit is what these cars need to be unbeatable at the track. Heck, I could have passed way more cars in Tweak with an 8k rpm peak. But, for the street or autocross 6200 is just fine if your gearing and tire size is correct.
        Sorry to thread jack but i would love to (like my list will ever end) set up one of my b6t's to have super high revs. Advancedynamix any chance you could PM me some ideas or thoughts? I might need more rpm in Lucifer.
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
        19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
          ^what William said. An FMU will work or you can use a BPT ECM. They are fairly common and have come down in price since people started using megasquirt or the new option from BP specialties. Still plenty of potential to rip the treads off your blizzaks though, lol.
          (^the whole adapter thing for the shaft not trans sorry bout that) and bpt ecm? K03 is a really small turbo what would i have to do to make a bpt ecm think it's actually a bpt vs. a bp with a tiny turbo also what about rocket man ecms

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
          Festiver
          93 L find/5 speed
          BP/g15mr swapped
          Aspire brake swapped
          Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
          stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
          rustful
          maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
          advanced suspension
          kai/skeeter camber
          b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
            Sorry to thread jack but i would love to (like my list will ever end) set up one of my b6t's to have super high revs. Advancedynamix any chance you could PM me some ideas or thoughts? I might need more rpm in Lucifer.
            I'll post up a little addendum to the "DOHC b6 information thread" with some of what I've learned so far.
            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-12-2016, 08:12 PM.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

You the MAN
              1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
              1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
              1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
              19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Yes I was a bit too general in my previous statement, my apologies. Reciprocating tensile strength comes into play as well as air flow management, harmonics (as stated by Charlie), rotating mass and balance, fuel control, bearing, thrust, ring, spring, and piston rock tolerance, etc. etc. etc.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

And side fumbling of the lunar wing shaft Arty, can't forget that!

Comment

The proper tuning of the turbo encabulator is essential.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Yes, and it should be calibrated using test TE-10 from the service manual/songbook

Comment

Any wobbling or grinding noise should be considered normal.

Comment

Where do you place the flux capacitor for maximum flux capacitance?
                          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

In a cool, dry place of coarse.

Comment

Working...
                            X