Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can anybody decode the numbers on the main crank bearings to size of the bearing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anybody decode the numbers on the main crank bearings to size of the bearing???

the numbers stamped on the crank main bearing is FA130 Y8J it's a NDC bearing off of a DOHC BP thanks
    Last edited by 90-666; 11-26-2016, 03:47 PM.

It doesn't show up on their catalog.

Are you wondering if the bearings are undersized?
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

yes so i can order new ones is there a way to find out?
      Last edited by 90-666; 11-26-2016, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Can't you take em to a garage and have the mechanic mic em to see what size and go from there.
        Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
        93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
        01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

It is beyond unlikely that the mains have been turned down on the bp seeing as the bearing manufacturer you listed is what would have been used for initial assembly... Aka, a factory bearing.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

do you know what the standard size bearing thickness is i have a mic

Comment

the top bearing has FA130 939B on it

Comment

The bearing size is determined by the journal diameter. If you have a mic, take an ID measurement of the main bore and an ID measurement of the journal, and subtract ~ .003 then decide the sum in half, that's the bearing thickness. There should be ~ .003 difference the ID of the bearing and the journal. Measure the bearing installed and torqued.

Comment

so measure without the crank in place right?

Comment

Yes

Comment

thanks for the help i have rebuilt top ends before but this is the first time doing a bottom end
                      Last edited by 90-666; 11-27-2016, 12:05 AM.

Comment

My pleasure. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

Working...
                        X